August Hatch-A-Long

My only two surviving chicks that hatched in the beginning of August.
Partridge cochin

Olive Egger

Chickies that hatched out this past weekend.

Blue splash andalusian

RIR/Blue andalusian cross

Barred Rock

Blue andalusian.
Adorable
love.gif
How come I can never get my chicks to pose for pictures
idunno.gif
They run around like crazy and I get blurry fuzz...LOL!!!

I woke up this morning to discover the temperature in my incubator was at 103.6
ep.gif
I have no idea how long it had been that high or why it decided to spike, its been holding temp so well! So, I took the opportunity to open the bator and candle them real quick, mostly to let some heat out. I didn't see much movement, but I did find an egg that looked like it may have pipped internally. I don't have high hopes for this hatch
roll.png

ep.gif
I have no idea how long it had been that high or why it decided to spike, its been holding temp so well! So, I took the opportunity to open the bator and candle them real quick, mostly to let some heat out. I didn't see much movement, but I did find an egg that looked like it may have pipped internally. I don't have high hopes for this hatch
roll.png
Hope they still hatch for you!!

ep.gif
roll.png
When do the eggs start to generate their own heat... the last few days? Maybe that is what took it up? I hope they are okay!
fl.gif

I candled today! Day 14: I have 6 Blues and 8 BLRs still going strong. I hope they can hatch this time! All the air cells look great!! We will see what happens next week! Its amazing how your shipped eggs dwindle by hatch time
hmm.png
Can't wait to see the ones that have made it! Good luck to all hatching
fl.gif
jumpy.gif

Hi everyone, I really am posting after a long time. So the results of my previous hatch was only 2 eggs out of 12, and I am slightly dissapointed. One question I would really like to be answered is that can a chick which is a few days to weeks Old be infected with fowl pox. I ask this because one of my broodies has fowl pox and I am worried the chicks may get them. Thanks a lot and good luck hatching!

I've never had a case of fowl pox, but I've read its highly contagious. So, I would think she could pass it on to any birds that come in contact with her.

Well, I woke up to one chick in the incubator this morning, so I guess I didn't cook them! At least one other egg is pipped too. Hopefully most of them hatch, I was feeling really terrible about the temp getting so high!

Hi everyone, I really am posting after a long time. So the results of my previous hatch was only 2 eggs out of 12, and I am slightly dissapointed. One question I would really like to be answered is that can a chick which is a few days to weeks Old be infected with fowl pox. I ask this because one of my broodies has fowl pox and I am worried the chicks may get them. Thanks a lot and good luck hatching!
Yes your hen will most probably pass it on to her chicks! It happened to me but luckily all the chicks made it! Oh and my chicks were only 2 days old when they got it...

Back
Top Bottom