August Hatch Anyone?

3 eggs CLB (blue egg) = Crested Cream Legbar 2 piped one hatched

1 egg Spike x CLB (blue egg) = Crested Cream Legbar, different pen (Spike is a Cream Legbar rooster) piped

3 eggs WSBEL (white egg) = super blue egg layer = white sport legbar rooster x white leghorn (will hatch yellow) all three hatched all yellow one had patch of black feathers on leg.

3 eggs CSBEL (white egg) = super blue egg layer = cream legbar rooster x white leghorn 2 piped so far

here is all the hatched legbars and super blue egg layers.

Looks like 3 legbar boys and one girl

The 3 on the left are WSBEL the two on the right are CSBEL

cute! Finally had 3 standard chicks hatch today, 2 more pipping and a silkie. 3 standard and 3 silkies still no signs yet. Not knowing much about color genetics in chickens (you can ask me anything in cocker spaniels), apparently a barred Rock Roo is going to be the dominating color breed?

cute! Finally had 3 standard chicks hatch today, 2 more pipping and a silkie. 3 standard and 3 silkies still no signs yet. Not knowing much about color genetics in chickens (you can ask me anything in cocker spaniels), apparently a barred Rock Roo is going to be the dominating color breed?
From what I read that seems to be the case unless it is/or has dominate white.
Any pictures yet of your chicks that have hatched?

Now piping 1 EE and 3 Tetra Tint/EE. I am stager hatching had to quickly bleach clean the hatcher yesterday before the next hatch.

Then Thursday my BBS cochin bantam eggs should start hatching. Not bad 10 out of 12 eggs in lockdown shipped eggs.

Still waiting for that duck egg to hatch checked it this morning it is still alive was to start hatching Friday. I think I need a new thermometer lots hatching late.

August hatchlings mean spring layers, but how early should I expect them?

I'm new to chicken raising and my girls hatched August 12, 2013. Could someone shed some light on when I might reasonably expect laying to happen? I know it is light, food, and breed dependent, but what are the experiences that you have?

If it helps, I'm in the Pacific NW where we have mild winters and I don't supplement light. The ladies are on no-corn, no-soy whole grain grower rations and get a handful of healthy-ish treats a few times a week (veggie trimmings, cooked rice, a mushy pear, etc.). Also I have one each of a black star, red star (comet), EE, Australorp, and RIR.

Thanks for any insight you can provide!

I too have mid to late august hatchlings. I have 9 EE, 3 bantam Cochins, 3 brahmas, 5 of various other breeds. When should I expect eggs. It seems like the earliest would be end of December (this month). The latest would be end of February. Is that right?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom