Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Thanks - my partner doesnt want chickies so my idea of putting some fertile eggs under her are gone !

Bugger Sam. Wonder if he would notice if some eggs actually arrived from say... Esk ... and they actually fell under your broody without you knowing... Could hardly be your fault then right :p :lol: Ok so I am evil :lol: Update on the chicks so far we have 1 black (looks like an aussie) 2 red/brown... (no idea) and 1 grey... (no idea.).but i have one hatch now that maybe actually a welly or something that looks similar...

Last edited:
Bugger Sam. Wonder if he would notice if some eggs actually arrived from say... Esk ... and they actually fell under your broody without you knowing... Could hardly be your fault then right
tongue.png
lol.png
Ok so I am evil
lol.png
Update on the chicks so far we have 1 black (looks like an aussie) 2 red/brown... (no idea) and 1 grey... (no idea.).but i have one hatch now that maybe actually a welly or something that looks similar...

i hope you got a discount or didnt have to pay if you bought them as welsummers and they are mixed. That angers me so much
somad.gif
people cant do that!!!

Unfortunatley she still doesn't believe me. She says they came from her welsummer pen... I have offered her pictures of the chicks and of the cracked eggs once the hatch is over. Guess some people just think they don't make mistakes. Even though she sells cross bred eggs too. What can you do... 6 eggs hatched so far. 2 look like wellies maybe but the other 4 are certainly not. Forgot to add on a much better note. 11 out of 12 rir babies out so far.

Last edited:
Can one of you chook/duck people please post a picture of a mum chook looking after a duckling? It probably seems normal to you guys but I would love to see a hen with a duckling. Please..????

Unfortunatley she still doesn't believe me. She says they came from her welsummer pen... I have offered her pictures of the chicks and of the cracked eggs once the hatch is over. Guess some people just think they don't make mistakes. Even though she sells cross bred eggs too. What can you do... 6 eggs hatched so far. 2 look like wellies maybe but the other 4 are certainly not. Forgot to add on a much better note. 11 out of 12 rir babies out so far.

Never buy anything of her again then, and may be spread the word not to purchase from her then if she is that bad, i would understand a few broken eggs, but not selling them as welsummers and getting 3 completely different breeds, but on that high note of yours, very well done with the RIR's great hatch rate.

somad.gif
hit.gif
, I'm pretty annoyed/sad at the moment, i went down this morning to check on my broody and only found 8 eggs under her when i originally had 11??? The only thing i can think of is one of the other hens has gone in there and broken some and then the broody and the other hen have eaten them, my hens love eggs, but they dont peck them open on purpose. So now I've put her into lock down by closing of the whole nesting area with some water and food, so none of the other hens can get in, they will just have to lay in the buckets of straw i have left out for them.

Never buy anything of her again then, and may be spread the word not to purchase from her then if she is that bad, i would understand a few broken eggs, but not selling them as welsummers and getting 3 completely different breeds, but on that high note of yours, very well done with the RIR's great hatch rate.

Thanks Luke :) My rir's do tend to be rather fertile :) I did hear back from her and after many to and frows she admitted she had only had the hens seperated for 3 weeks and maybe that was the reason. She never once said sorry. She said she would send me more but i had to pay for postage. I did say are you serious this was not my fault Lesson learn't some people are obviously just in it for the money. Will post pics of all of them in the brooder in a few days.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom