Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Yeah I had sheep. My entire yard is mallows, nettles, elm suckers, nightshade, dandelions and bindies with a smattering of actual grass between the weeds. It's slowly recovering.

I've been busy with study and art so I've not been working too intently on the chickens - just maintaining their needs and doing my daily bonding with them.

I made these illustrations for a diagram I was making on Management Practices Impacting on Health with chickens. I've been drawing for years but it was the first time I ever tried to draw chickens. I used a couple of "How To Draw Chickens" tutorials and used the techniques against photos of actual chickens I wanted to capture.

Then I made a bunch of clay charms.

Very therapeutic.

I've sold half of my brooding chicks and have 3 three left who I think may be all boys. Ideas? Opinions? They're 3 and 4 weeks old. Ancona X ? (RIR, I think)

Last edited:
Yeah I had sheep. My entire yard is mallows, nettles, elm suckers, nightshade, dandelions and bindies with a smattering of actual grass between the weeds. It's slowly recovering. I've been busy with study and art so I've not been working too intently on the chickens - just maintaining their needs and doing my daily bonding with them. I made these illustrations for a diagram I was making on Management Practices Impacting on Health with chickens. I've been drawing for years but it was the first time I ever tried to draw chickens. I used a couple of "How To Draw Chickens" tutorials and used the techniques against photos of actual chickens I wanted to capture. Then I made a bunch of clay charms. Very therapeutic. I've sold half of my brooding chicks and have 3 three left who I think may be all boys. Ideas? Opinions? They're 3 and 4 weeks old. Ancona X ? (RIR, I think)
Your an industrious little Vegemite aren't you? :) Chicken soup. :(

Your an industrious little Vegemite aren't you?
smile.png
Chicken soup.
sad.png
If ever I'm not studying or dealing with chickens I like to be creating something. It doesn't really matter what, as long as something is being made with my hands. Well, that or playing video games. >.>

Thank you @Steampunked and @satay
I feel much more relaxed and assured by your advice. I will "OUT" them Saturday so I can watch their progress.

Having 'cooked' Hannahs' siblings in a totally misguided rescue attempt....courtesy of over zealous insulation around a plastic storage bin and a table lamp for heating (no thermometer available )
he.gif
then having to revive her and feed via a syringe, for a couple of days, I feel some degree of obligation to be a tad less cavalier with her life
jumpy.gif

Thanks also for the confirmation regarding fermented feed, I had avoided giving that to them as I was not sure if it was an Adult feed supplement or not. I do sprouts now too thanks to a very informative post on that subject in this Forum.

In fact since joining I have expanded my knowledge base from a pea size to at least an apple
lau.gif
and expect that to grow as I read and blunder my way through things Chookie.

So, again thanks to you both
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

Cheers,

Andrew

Last edited:
My grass is sadly dead too. I'd love to water it but I filled up a 12 foot pool a few weeks back and fear that bill. Will get a good water when its time to dismantle the pool though!

I suspect my chickens have hands that we can not see. I put the lid on the compost since they lay then dig and I got tired of digging for eggs. Now today the lid is off again. That lid was locked down hard!

My grass is sadly dead too. I'd love to water it but I filled up a 12 foot pool a few weeks back and fear that bill. Will get a good water when its time to dismantle the pool though!

I suspect my chickens have hands that we can not see. I put the lid on the compost since they lay then dig and I got tired of digging for eggs. Now today the lid is off again. That lid was locked down hard!

:lau
Sounds like my dog thor he got into the grower bucket one night and ate 10kg of it... I have since seen him get lids off many buckets with ease so I always make sure I have something heavy on top.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom