Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

I bet!
She's not aggressive at all? I like snakes when they don't launch themselves at me lol

Not at all. We have had her 6 years now and she has been handled by my son and his mates as well as hubby and I since we got her. Normally snakes will only want to attack if they are hungry or threatened. Mila knows we are too big to eat and she is not afraid so she actually is the most gentle docile girl going around. We also have a 2ft spotted python as well.

My grass is sadly dead too. I'd love to water it but I filled up a 12 foot pool a few weeks back and fear that bill. Will get a good water when its time to dismantle the pool though!
!

Sounds like we are the only ones have missed summer this year. Our grass is lovely and green, have barely had any days over 30 and we are wondering why we bothered putting the pool in cause it hasn't really been hot enough to use it. This time last year I was preparing to do battle against 40 deg temps.

I'm starting to think we won't get a summer this year. Kids have gone to school twice so far wearing jumpers in the middle of summer, what's up with that!

Last edited:
Satay - she sounds like a lovely snake!

Apps - I bought the pool then it was freezing and rained for a week. Then my appendix came out. Everytime I go yep getting in its feezing. So I'm yet to enjoye it lol

Gorgeous snake!! Our murry darlings are still on young rats, actually have to get hubby to freeze some this weekend, I can't bring myself to euthanise a healthy animal I've raised, even though that's their purpose!

Think I've convinced my friend to get chooks, she hates birds but she was talking to my girls this afterrnoon while they free ranged around us :)

Hmm, well, my 'coughing' girl Antimony that I think has an upper respiratory tract infection still coughing on and off, but she's pretty bright and perky, and came over to check me out in her run:

Her best friend is Oricalcum, the Maran:

For those that wonder this is what I do with my excess young roos. Mila our 10ft coastal carpet python and no she doesn't eat live food.

OH BOY A SNAKE....EWWW...AHHH....THATS LIKE THE ONLY THING THAT GETS ME NERVOUS.... I was thinking about giving quazi to a friend that has a good size snake but just couldn't do it...didn't have the heart....to do it....so hes way smaller then the rest and will prolly be going into the eggs I hatch this month...poor boy/girl...

have a wonderful day everyone

@satay how old are the roos you feed her? She is beautiful!

We certainly have had some hot days here but nothing compared to last summer! Fewer and farther between and not as extreme for as long!

I am working up to the whole 'excess roosters' issue. They will be an issue at some stage! I have worked out that while I can hunt and process rabbits, I can't kill them up close. I reckon it will be the same with the roosters... processing them doesn't move me, but killing them does. I might borrow my father-in-law for a day when it is time...

Gorgeous snake!! Our murry darlings are still on young rats, actually have to get hubby to freeze some this weekend, I can't bring myself to euthanise a healthy animal I've raised, even though that's their purpose!

Think I've convinced my friend to get chooks, she hates birds but she was talking to my girls this afterrnoon while they free ranged around us :)

I have a couple of friends with murray darlings, lovely snakes. I used to be like that too with the euthanize part but then I figured If I wanted to know the food I fed mila was of good quality I would have to suck it up and do it my self.

Back
Top Bottom