Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Here is our gorgeously ugly baby pigeon
1f633.png
I took it out to check the crop and get rid of the other egg and My daughter grabbed some photos for me

@satay I've been looking at photos online and they all seem to have big full crops. Do you think it looks like they are feeding it? Mum seems to be just sitting on it like it was still an egg. Haven't seen her feed it at all.

Last edited:
Here is our gorgeously ugly baby pigeon
1f633.png
I took it out to check the crop and get rid of the other egg and My daughter grabbed some photos for me

@satay I've been looking at photos online and they all seem to have big full crops. Do you think it looks like they are feeding it? Mum seems to be just sitting on it like it was still an egg. Haven't seen her feed it at all.

I don't handle my young ones at all , i can't really see the crop at all but it looks healthy to me. I would imagine being so young if they weren't feeding it it would go down hill quick. Not sure if all doves are the same but the dad feeds the babies ( my diamond doves).

I don't handle my young ones at all , i can't really see the crop at all but it looks healthy to me. I would imagine being so young if they weren't feeding it it would go down hill quick. Not sure if all doves are the same but the dad feeds the babies ( my diamond doves).

I wouldn't normally touch them but I know the guy these came from has lots of problems with them not feeding them so he checks the babies daily. He's away till tomorrow but apparently he is hand feeding one at the moment for just that reason. I think they have been bred so far past normal for show that a lot of the normal behaviours have been bred out. Hopefully he will call over and set my mind at ease. Interesting that it's the dad feeds them. Didn't expect that. My sister corrected me today too, apparently they are pigeons not doves.

Good morning Friends
frow.gif

Had to work on site yesterday
sickbyc.gif

Fancy good luck with the hatches and also with getting some rain
fl.gif

Lavender11 good to see you again .. your not-so-little-ones-anymore are beautiful!

Appps I do not know that the little fella really qualifies as ugly … just looks like he hatched a week or two early
wink.png

No news of note from here .. Blondie is spending what is hopefully the last day in the broody breaker [3], I think she is close. When she is broken I am going to try KiKi in there again, see if she freaks out as much as last time.

I wouldn't normally touch them but I know the guy these came from has lots of problems with them not feeding them so he checks the babies daily. He's away till tomorrow but apparently he is hand feeding one at the moment for just that reason. I think they have been bred so far past normal for show that a lot of the normal behaviours have been bred out. Hopefully he will call over and set my mind at ease. Interesting that it's the dad feeds them. Didn't expect that. My sister corrected me today too, apparently they are pigeons not doves.

It's cute to see the dad feeding them Not sure if that's normal or if it's just the way my pair do it. My budgies the dad spends all day collecting food and feeds it to the mum that then gives it to the babies. Poor thing looks worn out at the end of the day. Hopefully you will get some answers soon as to whether it is being fed or not.

Last edited:

I missed the pigeon bit in the other post. Oh it's going to be a cutie when it grows up.

Last edited:
Good morning Friends :frow

Had to work on site yesterday :sick

Fancy good luck with the hatches and also with getting some rain :fl

Lavender11 good to see you again .. your not-so-little-ones-anymore are beautiful!

Appps I do not know that the little fella really qualifies as ugly … just looks like he hatched a week or two early ;)

No news of note from here .. Blondie is spending what is hopefully the last day in the broody breaker [3], I think she is close.  When she is broken I am going to try KiKi in there again, see if she freaks out as much as last time.  

I guess it's my odd sense of humor but as it was reading this i had pictures of you on a loud speaker in the mornings. Blondie to the broody breaker .. Blondie make you way to the broody breaker now. You know the path, you have been there before , make you way straight to the broodie breaker now.. :lau

Lol satay I totally get your sense of humour .. funny
lau.gif

I reckon I could just about do that with Cilla, just point to the broody breaker and in she would go …. I think you can actually see her thinking ‘here we go again’ when I put her in; she is so used to it now. Blondie was the same this morning; when I picked her up, no wriggling, no fussing, just resigned to her fate
wink.png

You never know, with all this broody breaking experience they are getting, if I leave the door open, they may just put themselves in there!
lau.gif

I am thinking KiKi is not going to be quite so easy.

Are you Tassiemanians feeling a little invisible today? Thought of you when I was reading how woollies forgot to put Tasmania on all their Australia Day merchandise. Wonder if it's because nobody in the Chinese sweat shops has been to Australia
1f644.png

Back
Top Bottom