Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Hello all :frow . Greetings from America! :D

Hello. Nice to meet you.
1f60a.png

Hi Fancy I hope the weather has been kind to you these last few days.
We have our first day of sunshine today (proper sunshine that last more than few minutes at a time.)
One of my teenagers has started crowing.
barnie.gif
Just what I need to upset my neighbours my quiet chooks have all decided to sing each other through egg laying. The neighbour behind has taken to telling them to be quiet. I hope someone will come and take some soon.

Hi Fancy I hope the weather has been kind to you these last few days.
We have our first day of sunshine today (proper sunshine that last more than  few minutes at a time.)
One of my teenagers has started crowing. :barnie  Just what I need to upset my neighbours my quiet chooks have all decided to sing each other through egg laying. The neighbour behind has taken to telling them to be quiet. I hope someone will come and take some soon.   

Hi, it's raining as we speak. The midlands highway has been intermittently closed due to water on the road and there is snow on the mountain. Need to make a decision as to whether or not to make the trip up north for the Launceston show. My poor SLW are still without a new abode, but I have put a water tank in the run for them.
The forecast is 20 tomorrow, I'll believe it when I see it. For now I'm staying by the fire.
1f60a.png

My hens eggsong out shines the roosters crow hands down.

Hi, it's raining as we speak. The midlands highway has been intermittently closed due to water on the road and there is snow on the mountain. Need to make a decision as to whether or not to make the trip up north for the Launceston show. My poor SLW are still without a new abode, but I have put a water tank in the run for them.
The forecast is 20 tomorrow, I'll believe it when I see it. For now I'm staying by the fire.
1f60a.png

My hens eggsong out shines the roosters crow hands down.

Incredible weather - and like you Fancy - will believe forecasts when I see them. ... Supposed to be 26°C tomorrow - but after yesterday and last night ..... ???
fl.gif

One ferocious long wind gust / event, amid all the high winds, brought down so much in Victoria last night. .... and right outside our home, the trees bowed down to the ground ( big trees at that ) ... and on rising again hit the power lines with two massive explosions, and brilliant fire and fireworks. ... I caught all the action as I was watching through the window at the astounding speed of the wind - which could be heard approaching - even tho I am hard of hearing, and wasn't wearing my hearing aids. I do not know the speed, but would put that burst at over 200 kph - after watching video today, on even higher winds. .. Without power from that point on - for 6 hours. Caught up on some reading with a book light.

Our turn for flooding - again at the moment. .. And it is soooo cold. !! Mt. Hotham in Victoria is expected to be minus 1° overnight tonight. Very low temps here too in the Dandenong Ranges. And yeeayy ... it's already early October ??
hu.gif
LOL.

Trust everyone here in Oz - and elsewhere in the world, are safe and well ...

Cheers .......

Last edited:
Good morning folks
frow.gif

I reckon Mother Nature has a bit of broody in her; she does like to throw a tantrum or two!

Stay safe Fancy, Anniebee and everyone else. My thoughts are also with those who have been hit by and still in the path of Hurricane Matthew
sad.png

I see on the BOM-site that Brisbane has a predicted maximum of 34C next Tuesday …
fl.gif
please, please, please be a typo, I am not ready for summer
wink.png

Howdy Emmsykate and peep peep peep, welcome to the thread; nice to meet you.

LuckysMum Sending positive thoughts your way for a successful rehoming for some of your newbies. While I do not have any roosters to compare, I agree with Fancy that some of my hens, one in particular, probably out shines a few roosters when she wants attention but at least she does not start early in the morning.

I learnt something yesterday which was both interesting and kinda cute … Crystal started asking to be let out at 02:30PM and as I was working on something tricky and needed to concentrate, I made a decision to take the risk of unsupervised free range until I finished at 4PM. They were quiet for the first 30 minutes and then they all congregated on the deck and started making lots of noise again. When I went out at 4, they were happy as … they did not just want out, they wanted their people also; they do love me.. lol.

Good morning folks :frow

I reckon Mother Nature has a bit of broody in her; she does like to throw a tantrum or two!

Stay safe Fancy, Anniebee and everyone else.  My thoughts are also with those who have been hit by and still in the path of Hurricane Matthew :(

I see on the BOM-site that Brisbane has a predicted maximum of 34C next Tuesday … :fl  please, please, please be a typo, I am not ready for summer ;)

Howdy Emmsykate and peep peep peep, welcome to the thread; nice to meet you.

LuckysMum Sending positive thoughts your way for a successful rehoming for some of your newbies.  While I do not have any roosters to compare, I agree with Fancy that some of my hens, one in particular, probably out shines a few roosters when she wants attention but at least she does not start early in the morning.

I learnt something yesterday which was both interesting and kinda cute … Crystal started asking to be let out at 02:30PM and as I was working on something tricky and needed to concentrate, I made a decision to take the risk of unsupervised free range until I finished at 4PM.  They were quiet for the first 30 minutes and then they all congregated on the deck and started making lots of noise again.  When I went out at 4, they were happy as … they did not just want out, they wanted their people also; they do love me.. lol. 

Yeah that's pretty typical. They like having the boss around.

Back
Top Bottom