Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Hello!
New here, I’m in Sydney.. we’ve just started our chicken journey. We have two Plymouth rocks ( possible to be x with australorp ) the owner had pure breed Plymouth and australorp and wasn’t sure who the dad was to these babies! And we have two gold laced barnevelders all are around 3 months old.
:welcome

I awoke to a new version of bush chics this morning. My Millie fleur Belgian has been sitting on a nest of eggs in and under my broms. Cheeky girl looks like she has 5 to 6 little ones. First hatch for me this year.

IS anyone down near all the fires that are happening down south? If you are hope you are all fairing ok. How are you going down there Fancy? Here there has been some wicked winds down your way too.
Hey , haven't a lot of sleep over the last 2 nights. The night time winds are howling. Not too bad today but a bit of rain about. Snow on the mountain forecast this week. :eek:

Hey , haven't a lot of sleep over the last 2 nights. The night time winds are howling. Not too bad today but a bit of rain about. Snow on the mountain forecast this week. :eek:
Wow mate sounds like you have had a couple of not so nice nights. Hope things keep improving. Snow already? hard to picture when it's so warm up here still.

Hi everybody, I live in NSW a few hours from Sydney. I was wondering if anybody knows a food that can be found in NSW. That is good for all poultry. I have chickens from 4 months old to 8 months old together and ducks with ducklings in two areas so they can not all be on one feed. I would like to find a feed that will make them a healthy weight as my birds are very skinny and they will not put on weight. I have dusted them and wormed so not sure what else to do. In America there is a mix flock food but can not find one. Does anybody know a name of a feed and a place or website for the feed. My flock in the future may consist of chickens, chicks, ducks, ducklings, geese, goslings, guinea fowl and guinea keets. Would there be a 1 food to feed them.

Hi everybody, I live in NSW a few hours from Sydney. I was wondering if anybody knows a food that can be found in NSW. That is good for all poultry. I have chickens from 4 months old to 8 months old together and ducks with ducklings in two areas so they can not all be on one feed. I would like to find a feed that will make them a healthy weight as my birds are very skinny and they will not put on weight. I have dusted them and wormed so not sure what else to do. In America there is a mix flock food but can not find one. Does anybody know a name of a feed and a place or website for the feed. My flock in the future may consist of chickens, chicks, ducks, ducklings, geese, goslings, guinea fowl and guinea keets. Would there be a 1 food to feed them.
HI and welcome. I would recommend laucke mills show bird breeder or laucke mills gamebird. Gamebird has higher protein and should help with weight gain. Showbird breeder is a good all round feed.
http://www.lauckemills.com.au/products/category/PRJVFVSR-poultry

Yeah, I mix the Laucke gamebird finisher with a free range seed mix. It's ideal for mixed flocks and it's a micro pellet. Only problem is that it is relatively low in calcium so you need to provide oyster shell (calcium carbonate ) ad lib in the coop.
:welcome:frow

HI and welcome. I would recommend laucke mills show bird breeder or laucke mills gamebird. Gamebird has higher protein and should help with weight gain. Showbird breeder is a good all round feed.

Yeah, I mix the Laucke gamebird finisher with a free range seed mix. It's ideal for mixed flocks and it's a micro pellet. Only problem is that it is relatively low in calcium so you need to provide oyster shell (calcium carbonate ) ad lib in the coop.

Thank you two so much for the information. Can you feed that mix to all different kinds of poultry. If it is not to much to ask would you be able to list the species that this diet is ok to feed. Also what age group you can feed them to. I would like to know particularly for the chickens and ducks. As my chickens will hatch out babies at Spring and so will the ducks. The 2 muscovy ducks are still trying to get 1 more clutch before winter and i would like to find a feed for them.

Also is shell grit the same as crushed up oyster shells. I was just looking at the website and saw that they sell big bags of shell grit. If you feed them the free range mix and the gamebird finish and oyster shells can you eat the animals eggs or meat.

IMG_3541.jpg
IMG_3474.PNG
The game bird finisher is 22% protein so I mix half a bag of it to one bag of free range , by doing so you bring the protein level down to a more accept 16-17 %. Chicks should be on a starter mix for the first 4-5 weeks. This mix is suitable for ducks but you do well to remember that ducks need more niacin than chickens so it won't hurt to add some yeast to the ducks ration. I give all of mine Anitone once a week via their water. It is a great multi vitamin and it contains everything they require. Shell grit is to aid in digestion , unless it actually states on the pack that it is oyster shell (calcium carbonate ) it won't supplement calcium to your layers. It's important not to add it to the ration of a mixed flock as not all of your deplete their calcium levels via laying. That is why it is offered in a separate bowl ad lib or free take.

Back
Top Bottom