Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. IamSamSam

IamSamSam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sydneychickens it's odd for sure that 12 mth old isn't laying. Sorry to hear about it. Maybe Ash has some advice about it? My lorp was 6ths when she laid her first.

2. IamSamSam

IamSamSam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sandee that's one adorable pup. Our toy poodle was called Keeman. He was bind from birth. Was an amazing dog. He died young though. About 8 yo.

3. SandeeC

SandeeC Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks Sam :) I am sorry to hear about your baby :( but blindness doesn't stop them, I have seen several that get around better that us :)
    This one is crossed with a pomeranian, but thrown back to the poodle :) She's a cranky little bugger though.
    Am glad bottle feeding is over !!!! I get a life back ( well somewhat) :)

4. Sandstorm495

Sandstorm495 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2012
    Darwin, Australia

Two of my Red sex link hens have had egg binding as well - luckily I didn't lose both of them. I tried to save the first one but had no experience with it at the time. I lost her the next day.

5. Sandstorm495

Sandstorm495 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2012
    Darwin, Australia
    On a happier note, your puppy is very cute Sandee. Wish I could have a dog but with chickens and a cat - it wouldn't work out.

6. SandeeC

I have a mastiffe X rotti as well as a cat..
    They all seem to get along. Even with the chickens and hens.
    I take several dogs in, rehab and rehome them. Ones that have been abused. I just re-homed the great dane I had here.
    All my animals seem to get along after a little training :)
    The only reason I got the poodle x was my youngest son Seth has been nagging me for over 8 yrs to have a little dog of his own and I gave in lol

7. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Chicken Obsessed

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    My dogs wouldn't dare even look at my chooks. The bantams that live in the garden have the audacity to come up on the verandah and check out the dog bowls. This is my one eyed surrogate hen with 2 week old blue laced red Wyandotte .[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. SandeeC

Must be a thing with bantams lol My adopted mother's bantam walks in the house, eats the dog kibble like she owns the place.
    Her dogs know not to touch her as well :)
    I'll have to take some photo's of my chickies today :) Been a bit slack lol They are trying to fly and all now

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  9. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    lol sussex are a nice gentle breed that lay well. Sounds like a good plan Sam :)

10. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    So sweet :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by