Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Bens-Hens

Bens-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Does that model incubator have water channels in it too? Are they filled?

2. IamSamSam

IamSamSam Chillin' With My Peeps

LOL i need to do things on a tight budget, but have to say its sturdier than the one i Purchased for $190-

I am a country girl and raised on a farm so im more inclined to do it myself [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. rexy

rexy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2013
    Gold Coast, Australia

Maybe a 5 just, Satay. I think everyone overstates their colour because they haven't done the comparison with the chart. Chookpatch actually got an egg chart, so I would be interested to see what she thinks hers are, because the WA ones were about the same or marginally better than Chooks.

4. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Chicken Obsessed

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    Sam I bought one of those silly huches, won't do that again. This cubby cost me $500 plus $20 for Lino and the paint was left over from renos.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Lucky I know I guy with a delivery truck, he only charged me a case of beer to deliver it. Good old Aussie currency.[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Aussie49

Aussie49 New Egg

Nov 2, 2013
    Just popping in to say hello. I live in Western Australia near a small town called Harvey. I had 3 chooks but sadly now only 1 so am looking to expand my flock a bit which is how I can across this site. We are enjoying some warmer weather down here after a very wet winter which saw the local dam overflow for the first time ever. That's what passes for excitement down here!

6. Fancychooklady

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    :welcome I'm sure some of our sandgroper friends can help you find some more chooks.

7. IamSamSam

IamSamSam Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow scrubbed up nice but wow that's a lot of money.

8. Kimbo71

Kimbo71 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 30, 2013
    Victoria (Australia)
    Hi everyone,

I have my last little duckling in the brooder box now. She is so much smaller than the others! The first three keep kicking her out from under the heat lamp and every five minutes I reach in and put her back in their group. DOes anyone know if they are likely to accept her of is her lateness going to cause problems?

Anyhoo, here is a pic of my lil babies!
    [​IMG]

9. Fancychooklady

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    Don't worry she will use them to keep her warm. I have seen chicks 2 weeks apart, with the littler ones sleeping up under the older ones.

1 person likes this.
  10. SydneyChickens

SydneyChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2013
    Sydney Australia
    Omg that is so cute! Look at the little babies cuddling up to a teddy! Best of luck with the wee ones <3

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by