1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. SydneyChickens

SydneyChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2013
    Sydney Australia
    There's a lady in Mulgoa Sydney that sells French Marans eggs I got my little pullet off her.. Her Marans are gorgeous but I'm not educated enough to comment on the eggs colour lol.. In actuall fact I'm off for a drive to her farm now to give back my lil cockerel.. So excited her farm is like my dream home and property :)

2. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Overrun With Chickens

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    Hah, on my way up to check his place out this morning. He also breeds red and blue healers. So I'll get a puppy fix too.

3. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Overrun With Chickens

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    When we lived in Sydney we used to drive out to Windsor on the weekend to get our country fix.
    The antique shops and fruit shops were worth the trip on there own.

1 person likes this.
  4. SandeeC

SandeeC Chillin' With My Peeps

lol my adopted brother came out here once, saying he needed a country fix, it was way too quiet for him.
    Stayed 4 hours and had to go back to Sydney, said he couldn't stand the silence :)
    I don't know how he gets that, there are birds galore, sheep and cattle all making a noise.
    Some days I feel I can't think because of them.

5. Zerinala

Zerinala Out Of The Brooder

Oct 21, 2013
    Northern Victoria
    Yay!!! I got my first egg today!!!!

[​IMG]

Obviously from my Araucana :) So happy.

(Now I just need my incubated eggs to hatch in the next couple of days)

1 person likes this.
  6. Megans Chickens

Megans Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2013
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Hey everyone!
    Just wondering what are some tips for my chickens over summer?? Is there a way to keep them nice and cool?
    I'm from the Gold Coast and it's a horrible windy heat today and my 10 week old chickens are panting already...

7. SandeeC

SandeeC Chillin' With My Peeps

My chicks are only 2 weeks old and love cold watermelon :)

8. Aussie49

Aussie49 New Egg

Nov 2, 2013
    [IThere are a few breeders down that way, should be able to get you most breeds. CHookloop springs to mind down Yarloop way, they have a website. I have never bought from there though so I can't pass judgement on stock or service.

Welcome to the forum.

][/I]

Awesome. Thanks Bens Hens, they are literally just around the corner from me and I never knew they existed. :D

I only want a couple more chooks to keep the old girl company, so a more rare breed will fill the spot nicely. Everyone round here has chooks so selling the eggs is not that easy. Lol I do fancy some silver laced wyandottes just because they would look very pretty around here. My current girl is a good ol Isa Brown.

Thanks for being so welcoming everyone. I am used to horse forums which can get very nasty! Chook people must be much nicer.:)

9. Aussie49

Aussie49 New Egg

Nov 2, 2013
    Oops. Messed up the quote, but I'm on the iPad and it's tricky :p

10. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Grats on your new eggs. Love the colour.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by