Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Bens-Hens

Bens-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

There are a few breeders down that way, should be able to get you most breeds. CHookloop springs to mind down Yarloop way, they have a website. I have never bought from there though so I can't pass judgement on stock or service.

Welcome to the forum.

Very cool, I would love a duckling or three....but not too keen on having full grown ducks hahahaha

2. appps

appps Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia
    Welcome Aussie!

Congrats on the new arrivals Kimbo :) very cute.

Can I admit to getting rather frustrated. I have today not one but three chickens who seem to have taken up residence yet again in the nesting box. This is getting beyond a joke. I don't remember when we last went a week without a broodie. These breeds may be cute and friendly but I'm really starting to question how practical they are.

3. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Maybe your nesting area is so lovely they can't help but go broody :). Seriously now though its a bummer when they are broody and you don't want them to be.

4. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Thor does that as well. One of my wellies will lay in a different spot each day. If i don't find it quick enough thor has egg for breakfast.. Little beggar :)

5. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    I would not add anymore water. Those incubators are know for being not good at temp and humidity. If your humidity is too high the chicks will drown. I fyou have facebook. Join the group called incuabtion station. THere will be people on there that have the same incuabtor i am sure and tell you step by step what they did.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  6. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    oops yes it was chookpatch that gave me the chart too i forgot :)

7. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Pinky. I love your marans rooster. Good choice i think. Looking at that picture though I realize i really need to get out more as i though wow cool rooster omg look how green her grass is lol. I have grass envy mine is still crunchy brown and dust ridden. Worst i have seen it in agers .

8. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    lol that's my theory to appps. Don't ask and you don't have to know.

9. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    There is a marans breeder and wellie breeder and she breeds other stuff in qld too.. Not that far a drive to my house appps lol.

10. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    What's a few more lovely chickens fancy :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by