Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

No its okay. Just dreaming of coloured eggs, think hubby would complain if he didn't get what he wanted for a change though anyway lol

Someone had some beautiful Australorpes. They weren't just matt black, you could make out each feather. Beautiful. Maybe Ash?
Yes, I have the Blue Australorps. Absolutely Beautiful breed. Wouldn't trade them for anything!

Oooooh had to share, getting excited, second batch going into incubator tomorrow :) This time Bantems :) hehe
Managed to get 6 fertile eggs, pick them up tomorrow :) I hope I have as much success this time than my last lot :)

At present , I have 3 gold laced Wyandotte , 1 coronation and 2 silkies broody. Nothing unusual for this time of year. I just learned to use it to my advantage . Tonight the blue laced red Wyandotte are hatching under 2 of them. My isa browns have never been broody, not in 6 years.

Oh dear, bit of a comb problem. I dont know what happened but the top part of Tuppence's comb is a blackish colour and hanging loose instead of where it should be. Like its been sliced off but is still attached by a little bit to the rest of her comb.

Im guessing the black means its dead now? So if I find the stomach to cut it off will it bleed everywhere? Thinking I read somewhere that combs are red due to the high blood supply?

Yes, I have the Blue Australorps. Absolutely Beautiful breed. Wouldn't trade them for anything!

Oh that might be what they were, the blue. Is that the one where you can see each feather? Love those :) We had an australorp years ago when the kids were little and it was so sweet. Let the kids drag it round everywhere and never complained or pecked. Never went broodie either LOL

So do you sell eggs? My plan is to hatch some so I dont have to go through that whole quarantine thing when we add to the flock next time.

Then I am going to have to be good as I will have reached my suburbia quota LOL

One of my roos nearly ripped my coro's comb off. There was a lot of blood and at one stage I thought I might have to trim it off. I sprayed it with terramycin antibiotic spray. If you do cut it off there will be a lot of blood. Cayenne pepper sprinkled liberally on the site will help to clott the blood. I have terramycin antibiotic spray in the first aid box for any open wound.

Last edited:
G'day
smile.png

I'm in Sydney and I have 2 chicks of 2-3weeks old.
My kids they are so happy.
Hopefully one day they laying a few eggs for them.

One of my roos nearly ripped my coro's comb off. There was a lot of blood and at one stage I thought I might have to trim it off. I sprayed it with tetracycline antibiotic spray. If you do cut it off there will be a lot of blood. Cayenne pepper sprinkled liberally on the site will help to clott the blood. I have tetracycline antibiotic spray in the first aid box for any open wound.

I will get some spray on it tomorrow then. Did yours change colour? This piece is very dark now.

Back
Top Bottom