Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. SandeeC

SandeeC Chillin' With My Peeps

Haha all my animals run in front of me when I get the camera out. They are hogs I tell ya lol

2. SydneyChickens

SydneyChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2013
    Sydney Australia
    Oh my goodness! Dogs and ducklings! What a way to wake up haha they are all SO CUTE! Day off today! Wow! Going brooder materials shopping and shopping for me too ;)

3. SandeeC

SandeeC Chillin' With My Peeps

Have fun Sydney :) I am going to hopefully finish my chickens coop before the bantams hatch :) Still got over 2 weeks, but chickens are growing at a massive rate and need more room :)

1 person likes this.
  4. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Chicken Obsessed

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    I have a zoom lense. That way I can sit at a distance and catch them just being chooks. This pic is all thanks to a hawk coming into the garden. Chicken little said " quick kids hide."[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Btw, it's raining again.

1 person likes this.
  5. smallbluejellybean

smallbluejellybean Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2009
    Kings Park NSW Australia
    Aren't animals nutty sometimes. I am glad I am not the only one that has to chase their animals around to get a photo. My cat and dog are camera hogs, but the chickens, guinea pigs, canaries and king quail are afraid. I only have a small camera and I don't stick in their faces.

I am a little sad this morning one of our female canary died over night. She was fine yesterday and was feeding her chicks. I had to foster out the chicks to another bird. I have a great little hen, that always lay infertile eggs, but she is a fantastic foster mother. She has saved numerous chicks, that otherwise would die or I would have to hand feed (I have done this a few times with limited success). They seem to do better with a mother bird.

We are slowly collecting king quail eggs for my daughters incubator. We are now up to egg 7 and at this rate it is going to take for ever to fill the thing up. There is no one selling eggs for sale. I have looked everywhere, called numerous people and advertised. I know it's along shot, but if anyone knows of someone that might have some eggs they can sell, please let me know.

Satay I loved you doggie pics. What sweet looking eyes.

My RIR laid this tied dyed egg this morning. She is getting really creative and I might have to send her to art school.
    [​IMG]
    I thought the photo would show the colour difference more. Oh well!!! At least the egg didn't run away from me.

6. smallbluejellybean

smallbluejellybean Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2009
    Kings Park NSW Australia
    Nice pics!!! Babies!!! I love babies. My camera has a zoom built in, but when they even see me with it from a distance they run in all directions to hide. They don't do that when I have the phone to my ear or carrying anything else. I seriously think they are afraid of it. I wish it would rain here, we really need it.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  7. Zerinala

Zerinala Out Of The Brooder

Oct 21, 2013
    Northern Victoria
    Hope everyone had a nice long weekend. Mine was very busy. Just wanted to share.

My araucana has laid me a nice blue egg every single day since she started laying (4 days ago)
    My Australorp X has also started laying. 2 large cream eggs over the last 2 days.
    My Red Sex-Link hasn't started yet, but I think she is very close.

I bought some fertile eggs last week. The lady selling them had an over full incubator. I got 12 eggs at day 16. 9 blue eggs, 2 brown eggs, and a cream egg.
    I put them in my brand new incubator and then stressed about everything constantly XD

Anyway.....

Day 21 I got these 3 Beautys:

[​IMG]

Chick 1 - Blue Egg

[​IMG]

Chick 2 - Blue Egg

[​IMG]

Chick 3 - Blue Egg

And Day 22 I got these:

[​IMG]

Chick 4 - Blue Egg

[​IMG]

Chick 5 - Blue Egg

[​IMG]

Chick 6 - Blue Egg

[​IMG]

Chick 7 - Blue Egg

[​IMG]

Chick 8 - Brown Egg

[​IMG]

Chick 9 - Brown Egg

[​IMG]

Chick 10 - Blue Egg (Not sure if this little guy will be ok, it's very weak)

I still have 2 eggs in incubator but I candled last night and could see no movement. Will give them another 24 hours though because this is the first time I've hatched and I am in no way experienced enough to be sure.

Hope everyone enjoys the chick pics :D

8. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    I have asked everywhere for you jellybean trying to find you some king quail eggs but i have had no luck so far. Think i might have to buy myself some as lots of people seem to be looking for eggs. I did manage to get my jap quails to lay just enough eggs to cover my order that had to leave this morning. So glad for that,

9. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    so cute :)

10. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia

Show off :p :D