Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Zeno

Zeno New Egg

Nov 1, 2013
    Cool! Tasmania is really nice. [​IMG]

2. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Chicken Obsessed

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    The possibilities are endless. However my breeding pens are are 4 big covered runs off the back of the hay shed . They all get to free range during the day.
    I'm sure you've been looking at the kids cubby in a whole new light lately Ben.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sorry about the green grass satay.

3. SydneyChickens

SydneyChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2013
    Sydney Australia
    Omg that's 2 for 2! My RIR is on egg laying fire! Got another one today! :D

1 person likes this.
  4. appps

appps Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia

Its not my rooster or at my house so no access to scales that's why I was trying to guesstimate. :)

In a positive though spoke to the wife today and she was a bit grossed that their toes may start falling off so she wasn't phased by the withholding time so ill take it in and pass the job to her to nag about :). Perfect!!

5. appps

appps Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia

Lucky you!! I'm averaging 2 eggs from 7 chooks a day so feel free to blow some of those egg laying vibes my way lol

6. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    lol Don't be sorry Fancy it's good to see what nice green grass looks like. Instead of the crunchy brown that is all around out here .

7. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Yah Sydney :yiipchick :celebrate :weee

1 person likes this.
  8. babyfoot

babyfoot Chillin' With My Peeps

same here, especially now going into summer. Crunchy grass hahahaha, yep, know alllll about it,. I get jealous when I see everyone else's green pastures for their chooks and then I feel guilty too. So I have dug up a lot of my lawn and pout it in the chook run but it only lasts a few weeks and they mince it all up to nothing :(

9. rexy

rexy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2013
    Gold Coast, Australia

bugger :(

10. Kimbo71

Kimbo71 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 30, 2013
    Victoria (Australia)
    Ooh, thanks for this info, I had wondered the same thing. I just whacked a desk lamp in a box and put a teddy in there so they could get close to the globe for warmth. I didn't put the temp/humidity monitor in there either. I did change to a halogen globe though because they put out so much heat and I leave it on 24/7. I did have a lid on the box (cardboard+a towel) to keep the warmth in, but today I left the lid half open so the ducklings can get some natural light (but not direct sunlight).

After reading all your posts about the meticulous care you take, I am amazed mine are alive at all!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by