Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. appps

appps Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia
    When we hatch our next generation next spring I've pretty much decided to go with these. Over broodies and we had one years ago that was such a sweetie. But I want blue :)

1 person likes this.
  2. appps

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia

Yep. Just don't get only one silkie like we did. While she is part of the flock she also doesn't quite fit in with everyone else. She should have had a friend.

3. SydneyChickens

SydneyChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2013
    Sydney Australia

I have a mixed flock with three silkies in there and they're all fine.. Just try get silkies that are a lil older than the others.. Also one of my silkies lays me about 5-6 eggs a week! And never been broody yet ;)

4. appps

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia

Wanna swap lol

5. Bens-Hens

Bens-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

I just came to see if you had heard!

Congrats to you, here is the pre-sale link for anyone interested. Great to see an Aussie noticed in the strong US scene. Also, being your images ;)
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...-available-for-pre-order-only-9-free-shipping

1 person likes this.
  6. SydneyChickens

SydneyChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2013
    Sydney Australia

Hahaha if it wasn't for Parsley (laying Silkie) I wouldn't have had any eggs! She is an awesome chook but NOTHING like a common Silkie!.. She's quite the bully and doesn't like any friends she beat up the other Silkie and it needed a friend so we ended up having to get another.. She's loud and noisy haha but I absolutely love her and she's a bit of a start of the show.. My brother who's over seas but coming home soon has claimed her as his chook haha

7. Millsy

Millsy Out Of The Brooder

Hi guys having trouble finding silkies up my way, came across some polish and frizzle chickens any advice? They look awesome , Also have brought 2 commercial layers to keep my egg production up so i would like another breed to keep them company. :)

8. appps

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia
    We have two frizzles ( they are actually a silkie x frizzle so technically sizzles). To start with their eggs were much the same as the silkie but they are 12 months old now and they lay a fairly standard 50g ish egg.
    They do go broody occasionally but nothing like my silkie.
    What type of frizzle are they? I believe almost any breed can be frizzled so they would be a frizzled something or other.

No experience with polish but always wondered if the poor things can see much.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  9. smallbluejellybean

smallbluejellybean Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2009
    Kings Park NSW Australia
    Hello everyone,
    I would just like to thank Satay again for tracking me down some king quail eggs for my daughters new incubator. We should get them in a couple of weeks thanks to Satay the angel [​IMG].
    It's people like Satay that make this world a wonderful world to live in.

1 person likes this.
  10. IamSamSam

IamSamSam Chillin' With My Peeps

Here here for satay ! How's the hiding mumma going Satay?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by