Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Millsy

Millsy Out Of The Brooder

What's the difference between a frizzle and a sizzle?

2. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Chicken Obsessed

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    A frizzle is a Cochin with ruffled feathers. A sizzle is a Cochin x silkie, and usually smooth feathered.

3. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Frizzle have the frizzle feathers and can be any breed large or bantam. My frizzles are frizzle pekins (bantam cochins) a sizzle is a frizzle cross silkie, To get a frizzle you need a frizzle bird and non frizzle bird, You cross them and you generally get 50% frizzle and 50% that will be smooth feathered but carry the frizzle gene. It is however unwise two breed to frizzles together as it makes a frazzle which is really tight frizzled feathers and break easy they also have genetic faults alot too which can cause early deaths.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  4. Millsy

Thanks for the info I'm really new to everything poultry.

5. Millsy

Thanks guys u are all so helpful looking forward to learning much from everyone :)

6. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Good luck today Fancy :)

7. Millsy

The 2 chickens I brought yesterday seem to be not wanting to feed outta this dine-a-chook feeder I brought I have no idea why not I've stuck there heads in it to show where them the feed but they seem reluctant to eat out of it I've placed feed In front of it which they eat but as far as them sticking there heads in to have a feed themselves they won't have a bar of it.

8. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia

9. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Do you have a picture of it? Sometimes it takes them a while to get used to something new.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  10. SandeeC

SandeeC Chillin' With My Peeps

Just put some of the food out of it like you have been doing, they'll soon get the idea.
    Some of my chickens are stubborn lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by