Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. IamSamSam

IamSamSam Chillin' With My Peeps

I tried to order but they say not to Australia So I emailed and asked for 5 if I get some I can help out those who can't
  2. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Yeah you have to email them and they tell you how to do it. If you wanna get 5 i am happy to buy mine from you if you like.
  3. IamSamSam

Sure will save time and money
  4. Ashburnham

Ashburnham Chillin' With My Peeps

An American calendar won't be much use- all the dates will be back to front!

xxxxx M
  5. IamSamSam

Lol that's ok I want the pictures
  6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

7. Beulah89

Beulah89 Chillin' With My Peeps

I saw a post a while back but can't find it now, it was saying that a fox got into someone's coop. I didn't know we have foxes in Australia!? Pretty sure we don't have them up north.
    Quick question, how long can eggs be left before they need to be refrigerated? I couldn't collect my eggs yesterday so one has been there for about 24 hours. Still ok?
  8. qldchook

qldchook Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2012
    Hi everyone, its been AGES since I have been on so have not had time to read all posts. I hope everyone is fine. I was wondering if anyone knows where to get a PEACOCK in Darwin? My sister has 20acres out of Darwin and about 6months ago, a young Peahen turned up and decided to stay. She wants to get a young male as company for her. No luck with gumtree. Any suggestions gratefully accepted.Thanks

In response to Beulah- HEAPS of foxes in SA but an SA member can fill in more. I am also in FNQ. Also eggs fine to collect next day, still 100 times fresher than supermarket!
  9. megacakes

megacakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2013

There are foxes pretty much all over Australia, except for the top end. They've been seen running along freeways in Sydney...very adaptable creatures, introduced here in the 1800s for hunting. This map gives you a good idea of just how widespread the problem is.
  10. qldchook

qldchook Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2012
    Thanks, I also found that interesting. I wonder why they have not reached NT & FNQ- I would presume the climate? Unlike the cane toad which is everywhere on mainland. Is it in Tassie?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by