Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. rexy

rexy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2013
    Gold Coast, Australia

Sorry, Satay. Good luck with finding little "hatchmates" Hail, man did we have hail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad it went alright for the formal despite the hail. We had a super-cell come over. Haven't been able to get decent rain all week, when everyone else has, and then we get a bl.....y super-cell. It was a bit wild, but only for 40 mins or so. Hail for the first 20 mins, then rain and hail for 20 minutes.

2. Beulah89

Beulah89 Chillin' With My Peeps

I know right aren't they great! Try making scrambled eggs! It's so hard to mix the eggs together. And the COLOUR :drool

3. rexy

rexy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2013
    Gold Coast, Australia

I would agree with the runny bit. You don't need to use rings with home made eggs.

4. SandeeC

SandeeC Chillin' With My Peeps

These are RIR X Isa Browns. so have no idea. If I can find out which are hens I can sell 3 of them already lol

5. SydneyChickens

SydneyChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2013
    Sydney Australia
    It was horrible Sam! I was worried about my girls I'm not sure that they've ever heard thunder.. They were all snug in their home too and this morning have been sun-baking on the grass and fighting over caught cicadas [​IMG]

I've finally come back online and feeling a little better with the loss of my special girl Wilma. The flock looks so bare without her though.

I've got Australorp eggs on the way so I'll keep a pullet if i get one out of the hatch.

Good luck with the event today Fancy! I judged the little local gymkhana the other weekend, makes me get the itch hehehe

6. megacakes

megacakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2013
    The whites of eggs get runnier as they get older. That's why it's harder to separate the white and yolk when they're fresh. Peeling super-fresh hardboiled eggs is harder, too.

1 person likes this.
  7. SandeeC

One reason why I am thankful I don't have to buy store bought eggs, I can only imagine how long they been sitting there :(

8. SandeeC

9. qldchook

qldchook Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2012
    LOVE THIS. Dad looks like a cute rooster, can you post some pics of him with full body. What is he?

10. Beulah89

Beulah89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh no!
    Looks like my girls got compacted crop!
    Noticed Tilly had a large lump on her neck last night. I remembered that's where they store their food but I don't remember it ever being that big! Well checked them both out today and both had very large and hard crops. Got straight on to the trusty BYC and looked it up. Chickens seem fine so just given them some massages and the lumps seem to have gone down and now I can move the food around. Phew :yesss:
    You guys think my girls will be ok? I've taken away their food but letting them free range. No eggs today either...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by