Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. megacakes

megacakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2013
    I don't have any foxes, but there is a family of rats living under the coop that seem to be the size of foxes!

2. appps

appps Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia

I'd imagine it would depend where you live. We are literally a 3 minute drive to the city centre so sure shooting the ones got ours would have resulted in a visit from the boys in blue lol

My mums neighbour set traps for theirs but mum reakons the fox screams were awful. It was one of those traps slams shut on their foot.

3. SandeeC

SandeeC Chillin' With My Peeps

We don't exactly shoot them :) We do have traps and electrical wire traps, either way they are dead. A mate of mine lays out similar to bear traps, we lay to listen, when we trap one we kill it :)

4. SandeeC

SandeeC Chillin' With My Peeps

Our major promlem out here is wild dogs, we do go out every couple of months and shoot them. Much to my disgrace, puppies as well, but it's something we need to do.
    But that's out on a property not on my house block.

5. Beulah89

Beulah89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Lots of people up here go pig hunting. Haha I've even been to a pig hunting contest. WORST. SMELL. EVER. :sick

6. appps

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia

I couldn't do that but I applaud you for doing it. We had a pack of domestic dogs killed my bosses sheep here and it was an awful sight. The thought of wild packs and what they could do is scary.

7. appps

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia

Was that due to the pigs or those shooting them lol

8. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Chicken Obsessed

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    Speaking of dogs, were off to the huon show today. The girls are showjumping and they run a " doggy showjumping " course along side. The spectators love it.
    Finally the rain has stopped and the forecast is 20 . When this fog lifts , it should reveal blue skies.

9. IamSamSam

IamSamSam Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh my gosh we had the worst thunder storm last night. I can't remember one like it. Big hail. Heaviest rain more flash floods I had to bring the dog in. Glad my girls were dry an snug

10. IamSamSam

IamSamSam Chillin' With My Peeps

Good luck fancy. Hope your girls do well
    Take your camera LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by