Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Quick update only one pekin hatched so I am off today to see if i can purchase a few day olds to keep it company. Sam an update on sons formal not only did it rain it hailed .. Thankfully J's car made it there with no damage. MIssed out on getting photos of him in the car because of all the rian but got many of him at school before they left.

2. IamSamSam

IamSamSam Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm glad it wasn't too bad then. All our bday celebration had to be cancelled today due to the storms

3. Millsy

Millsy Out Of The Brooder

Cook our first home grown eggs this morning the difference between store brought and fresh from the coop was huge everything except the size was better I'm guessing since our hens are only new to laying as they get bigger so will there eggs. Pretty happy right about now. Left is the store brought right is fresh from our girls [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
    2 people like this.
  4. SandeeC

SandeeC Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    They grow up way too fast :)
    [​IMG]
    I think these two are cocks, they do nothing but fight lol Then again, I have no idea what sex they are yet :(

5. SandeeC

[​IMG]
    Stripe
    [​IMG]
    Dot
    And yes they are using my HQ premiere hub caps as food dishes lol

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  6. rexy

rexy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2013
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Well, my Marans pullets are all laying (only 4 of them and all at less than 6 months), so I have been following them around. Think I nearly have it worked out who is laying what.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Man, it is hard to get good representative pictures!!

7. rexy

Apr 1, 2013
    Gold Coast, Australia

Congrats Millsy. :weee

Does that mean that the fresh egg cooked a lot quicker?

1 person likes this.
  8. rexy

Apr 1, 2013
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Not sure Sandee, but they are not showing any red in their comb yet. Different breeds show different characteristics when starting to show the difference in sexes. You get to know your own line of birds. I just hatched some shipped eggs, they are 2 weeks old, and although the same breed as mine, they are feathering in totally different.

9. Millsy

Millsy Out Of The Brooder

Yep.... And tasted awesome so much more flavor should have got our own chooks sooner [​IMG]

10. SandeeC

The whites in the back yard chickens are alot more firm hey :) I found the store bought ones were runny as :( ewwwwww
    Good to see you are starting to reap rewards Millsy :)

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by