Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Quick update only one pekin hatched so I am off today to see if i can purchase a few day olds to keep it company. Sam an update on sons formal not only did it rain it hailed .. Thankfully J's car made it there with no damage. MIssed out on getting photos of him in the car because of all the rian but got many of him at school before they left.

Cook our first home grown eggs this morning the difference between store brought and fresh from the coop was huge everything except the size was better I'm guessing since our hens are only new to laying as they get bigger so will there eggs. Pretty happy right about now. Left is the store brought right is fresh from our girls

Last edited:
Well, my Marans pullets are all laying (only 4 of them and all at less than 6 months), so I have been following them around. Think I nearly have it worked out who is laying what.

Man, it is hard to get good representative pictures!!

Cook our first home grown eggs this morning the difference between store brought and fresh from the coop was huge everything except the size was better I'm guessing since our hens are only new to laying as they get bigger so will there eggs. Pretty happy right about now. Left is the store brought right is fresh from our girls

Congrats Millsy. :weee

Does that mean that the fresh egg cooked a lot quicker?

They grow up way too fast :) I think these two are cocks, they do nothing but fight lol Then again, I have no idea what sex they are yet :(
Not sure Sandee, but they are not showing any red in their comb yet. Different breeds show different characteristics when starting to show the difference in sexes. You get to know your own line of birds. I just hatched some shipped eggs, they are 2 weeks old, and although the same breed as mine, they are feathering in totally different.

Back
Top Bottom