Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Not really Luke. Either give her eggs or keep taking them she will give up eventually.

2. SandeeC

SandeeC Chillin' With My Peeps

Yeah I agree with Satay keep taking the eggs from her, she'll soon come out of it :)

3. Megans Chickens

Megans Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2013
    Gold Coast, Australia

They have been probed sexed and DNA sexed and they aren't crowing, they also have no signs of being a rooster.. Also are developing their crest very slowly unlike roosters..

4. Megans Chickens

Oct 7, 2013
    Gold Coast, Australia

Pumpkin?? Raw or cooked? First time chicken owner here lol...
    Yeh I was abit worried as they get abit rough, they actually pull out the others feathers with some bites ..
    Thanks for the reply :)

5. SydneyChickens

SydneyChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2013
    Sydney Australia
    I've given my girls Amplorium 200 for prevention.. How long should we not eat the eggs do you guys reckon? Hmmmm there's nothing on the jar..

IT'S ALMOST FRIDAY! :D

6. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Chicken Obsessed

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    Try it raw, it will take them longer to eat it. I also wrap a whole cauliflower in foil , cook in the oven for about 1/2 an hour, just to soften it. I use what ever is in season.

7. Fancychooklady

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    Sid, there is no withholding period on amprolium . So as soon as you stop the medication the eggs should be safe. Did you check out Little valley poultry 's new website?

8. SydneyChickens

SydneyChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2013
    Sydney Australia
    Noooo is it easier than the Bell South one! Gahhh that page is hard work! Gonna have a look now..

I got two eggs today they're so perfect but I'll chuck em lol ****..

9. Megans Chickens

Oct 7, 2013
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Awesome thanks! I will try this! They seem to be very very fussy with foods :| they love carrot and pasta, rice ect.. Won't touch any greens or anything! They just started some baby corn tonight..
    Is there a better pumpkin for them, jap, butternut? Or it doesn't matter :)

10. Fancychooklady

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    Whatever is on special. I put the broccoli stalk and vege scraps in the water pot under the steamer, whilst cooking our veges. Saves on time and they prefer them soft. If they won't eat the pumpkin raw, cut it into 1/4 s spray with oil and bake, skin side down for 30-40 mins.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by