Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    2 out of 3 of my frizzles don't moult too bad but the other one well he could definitely enter the worst moult some years.

2. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Oh ok. Wonder if you will be able to stand the noise til them. Then again if you are anything like my teenage son nothing would wakes that boy he even sleeps through fire alarms and fire works.

3. SandeeC

SandeeC Chillin' With My Peeps

My boys sleep like that :) Could set a bomb off and they wouldn't hear it :)
    Unfortunately I don't sleep like that :( If you walk around the house like you are supposed to be there, I'll sleep through it, if you sneak around I jump out of bed :)
    These chicks aren't too bad, I just go sshhh and they stop usually, unless there is a moth involved so I found out lol

4. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    [​IMG]
    This is my sad attempt at getting pictures of the pekin/d'uccles yesterday. I sat there for 30 mins and they would not come out so I went back inside and soon as they saw me coming again they bolted back to the inside of the hutch,,:rolleyes: :lol:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  5. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    That's me too. Hubby slept through his alarm this morning so it woke me up... Been up since 3.30am gunna be a long day .

6. SandeeC

SandeeC Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh I totally agree with you on that one hun :) VERY long day :)
    If it wasn't for cleaning a house, doing washing and folding the washing for an elderly lady, I'd be having a nanny nap :)

7. IamSamSam

IamSamSam Chillin' With My Peeps

Lol I have Been up since 2am sick child. At docs yesterday and his temp was 39. Has settled now but still not well. Has bronchial cough I don't like. My poor little guy.

8. rexy

rexy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2013
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Not feeling too good this morning. For the first time since I have been here (7 years), I had a fox visit last night/this morning. Lost 7 chooks and 8 chickens. Found 4, 2 with heads bitten off. Just after I sold off yesterday 2 of my just laying Marans pullets too. Needless to say, no more sales for a while. :hit

9. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    I think your day is going to be harder than mine Sam :( it's so hard when you have little ones sick. I hope your little guy is feeling better soon.

10. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Oh rexy that's terrible news. I am so sorry for your loss. Foxes are the most horrid things. I have lost some of my best turkeys to them over the years. Let me know if you want some marans eggs once mine start to lay. I'd be happy to send you some to help you restock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by