Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. rexy

rexy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2013
    Gold Coast, Australia

Thanks Satay, that's lovely of you, and maybe we should do an egg swap later on. Actually the marans must be tough. Only my blue girl got killed, all the others were both my aras, and 3 layers. One layer has turned up, so the death count is 6. It makes you feel guilty for not keeping them safe.

2. IamSamSam

IamSamSam Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh Dear, I'm very sorry to hear that Rexy.

3. IamSamSam

Thanks Satay.... all he wants is to watch tv with Lamby (his teddy) and blanket..... at least he is drinking his cold water now.

4. appps

appps Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia

That's funny lol. Maybe you should be out there wearing your ninga stealth gear lol

Love the little coop!! I would so like something like that but a little longer as a movable broody pen over our vege garden

5. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Chicken Obsessed

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    Sorry for your losses Rexy, that's a real bummer. Hope your little one has better day Sam. Group hug. :hugs

6. IamSamSam

Thanks Fancy. he just had a 5 min play and is tired again and coughing ... .... no more play

7. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Yeah i have a few of them as well. This little one is great for banties. They are such tiny little things i hate putting them into the bigger cages when they are so little. They are still under lights at night for another week by then they may have grown up enough to be in a bigger cage.... Well looking at them now maybe not but it's good in theory.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  8. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    I have aras too not seperated for breeding at the moment but ill let you know when i do and if you need some eggs they are yours.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. SandeeC

SandeeC Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh no :( Sorry to hear hun :( Should just cull the lot of them :) Foxes that is :)

10. kat79

kat79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2013
    3 of my 16 week old Hampshire crosses and 1 gingerham has been squatting and trying out the nesting boxes for 4-5 days already!! . They are still on grower but have seen them eating the layers pellets. Even for mixed breeds this seems unusual, anyone else had mixed breed pullets and they start squatting before their 16 weeks? I am sort of hoping they will hold out till their 18 weeks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by