Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

This one could be a new species .. the Tailless Top Knot [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. SandeeC

SandeeC Chillin' With My Peeps

lol I like the sound of that :) What about Tailless-Sandy top knot :) haha oh wait, that just sounded wrong ;)

3. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

Tee hee Sandee :)
    Sadly, the risks this particular dove is taking, I am thinking our new species is extremely endangered! [​IMG]

4. SandeeC

SandeeC Chillin' With My Peeps

lol maybe just brave :)

5. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Chicken Obsessed

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    We used to have top knots and turtle doves when we lived in Sydney . None here, mainly because we have some serious birds of prey, ie sea eagles , swamp harriers, hawks , owls and wedge tail eagles. Which ever way you look at it your chances of being " lunch " are pretty high.

6. Fancychooklady

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    We went down the road to have a look at a warm blood filly that is for sale yesterday. Couldn't resist taking some shots of their newbie. So cute, climbed all over us, sucked our fingers and hair.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    i am sure this season my hens have gone a little mad. Went to check on the black aussie in the bananas. I try not to disturb them when they are broody but thought i better have a check to see how many eggs she is sitting on... Lift her up and see she is sitting on ...NONE. Poor girl. Might have to see if the cochins lay still giving her some of them to hatch.

8. Fancychooklady

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    They know not what they do! I have a gold laced Wyandotte that's been sitting for 2 weeks on a golf ball. :th

9. cluckcluckluke

cluckcluckluke Overrun With Chickens

Morning all!

10. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    LOl least she has a golf ball.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by