Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Morning Luke :frow

2. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Oh what a cutie. One of my favourite newborns is a calf. They are so unco- ordinated but so cute. Used to be one of my fav things about working on a dairy many years ago.

3. appps

appps Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia

Ha ha ha That's priceless lol

4. appps

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia
    Hello stranger :). How goes it all in your neck of the woods??

5. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    I now know for sure australia post is one of the slackest companies around. Just spoke to the company that was sending out the new tick stuff for the dogs as it was sent Monday and still not arrived in brissy yesterday. She gave me the tracking number for it. I look it up and the parcel has been sitting in Underwood a few suburbs from hubbys work since tuesday. It is finally showing for delivery from the slacks creek po today. Who would have thought it would take nearly 4 days to get 2 suburbs away( under 10 mintue drive) . Good on ya aust post. :barnie :he

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  6. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Chicken Obsessed

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    Hi Luke. It's my youngest last day of school today, get one day to sleep in. 6 am start Sunday though. One day event.

7. appps

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia
    Wow that is pretty bad satay. They also get the shocker in the delivery stakes as well. Couple years ago my brother happened to look outside just in time to see the guy drop kick a parcel to his verandah. Needless to say he now has a PO box but imagine if it had been something like eggs v

8. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Yes it'shocking. Hubby just rang and they were delivered to him just before :) Our po out here treats packages so bad i get all mine sent to hubbys work in Brisbane. They are usually pretty good but this one was a shocker.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  9. Ashburnham

Ashburnham Chillin' With My Peeps

I would strongly advise you against doing that. The worst attacks I have had on my chickens over the years
    have been from ferrets - They are totally vicious killers of poultry!

xxxx M

10. rexy

rexy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2013
    Gold Coast, Australia

They must be having a rest up before Christmas. It took ten days for a little postpack containing a single key to get from Toowoomba to Caboolture.

Thank you all for your wishes yesterday. They all got locked up as tight as a drum last night.

Satay, that coastal python must still be hanging around, I found a snakeskin on the front porch yesterday morning, and looks like it might be the right size and markings. Thank you for the offer of the aras. I had them because I was going to make olive eggers, but have had enough chicks around with the Marans.

Appps, I made it a little easy for the fox. Because I hadn't had any problems for so long, I got a little slack and let them roost in trees in their pen. It was great fun last night putting them in the coop. They weren't happy!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by