Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. SydneyChickens

SydneyChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2013
    Sydney Australia
    Gahhhh all these pics of animals makes me wanna runaway and work on a farm!..

Just set 24 eggs! Fingers crossed for meee

2. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Coastal skins are great, We have had some huge ones from mila.She will shed prob 3 to 4 times over spring/summer. We have a brown tree snake that lives in the roof. Only time you really see it is when it comes out into the tree at night to shed. Has scared a few visiotrs when it decides to hang out of the tree to say hi lol. We have some lovely green tree snakes around here too but i have yet to find a skin from one.One of the funniest things i have seen out here is my old neighbour from next door was over one day and we were sitting outside on the concrete having coffee. This beautiful green tree snake somes down a branch of the golden cane palm right in front of my face. My neighbour hates snakes so he was none to happy. I said hello beautiful It looked at me then went back up the frond. Within a mintue it comes flying down another frond straight at reg.(it stopped well short of his face) He just about fell out of his chair to getaway. He's screaming at me get the axe it's gunna kill you. Me in fits of laughter said reg it wont hurt you its a tree snake. (it was not trying to bite just saying hi). Well it dissapeared up the frond again and was gone. Reg finally calms down enough to sit back in the chair and after a bout 5 mins we hear this weird noise, then bang it falls off the gutter of the roof right on reg's feet lol. It quickly slithered off into the garden. Well that was it for reg he was out of here .. Cheekly little snake it was.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  3. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia

:fl Hope you have a great hatch Syd. I have some cochin eggs in the bator testing fertility not sure if the big guy is doing his job well.

4. SydneyChickens

Aug 26, 2013
    Sydney Australia
    Awwww luck to you too Satay!.. I'm dying for some chicks :/ I wanna keep some too.. Here's hoping I get all 24 hahaha

5. IamSamSam

IamSamSam Chillin' With My Peeps

lol poor girl. maybe someone took off with them....

6. IamSamSam

I am off to collect Barnie eggs on Saturday from a local. Although I am only hatching this time to test the bator If they are good looking parents I may keep one or three LOL

Other than nice cooper colour eggs, lacing and yellow legs are there any other traits I should look for ?

[​IMG]

I am going to turn this into my Brooder. The wire "Run" is not connected so I can use the stilted 'house' and put in light and food and use the run later for outside time on the grass.

7. IamSamSam

And I will set them Sunday so they should hatch 21-12 for the kids Christmas !

8. SydneyChickens

Aug 26, 2013
    Sydney Australia
    Awwww Sam that is so cute!.. I got 6 Barni eggs too never had Barni chooks hmmm I'll be very tempted to keep em too!

9. IamSamSam

Oh beautiful foal ! the little v on the nose is adorable

ok insider info..... I hate AP but I have to give them a bit of lea way, the economy has picked up and the back log of international and national delivery's is huge.... it has quadrupled in 2 weeks and staff have had all leave cancelled.........people have money so they are buying up for Christmas

10. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    That will make a great brooder. Sorry no help on the barnies never had any. Think Luke does or did have some.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by