Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Chicken Obsessed

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    Nah, I think I would be a bit of a chocolate soldier up your way and melt. You should see the double rainbow in my front paddock.

2. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    oh how pretty would that be. Been so long since i have seen a rainbow.

3. Fancychooklady

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    oh how pretty would that be. Been so long since i have seen a rainbow.[/quote
    I took a pic, but it's a little hard to make the rainbow out. Will upload it soon. Boy just saw the forecast, you guys are in for a stinker. Look after yourself and your peeps. Get some no name frozen peas or corn and drop them in the chooks bowl. Cools them down and keeps their minds off the heat. I put them in the water to cool the water down as well.

4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

Fancychooklady .. as always, beautiful pictures. I have a touch of the green-eyed monster! So jealous!

Satay .. I hope you are feeling better soon; this heat would certainly not be helping :(

Luke .. got everything crossed for a successful hatch for you! Hopefully when I get back, lots of baby pictures.
    [​IMG]

My birthday present from Hubby was a day trip to Tangalooma on Moreton Island. It is booked for today when we are expecting it to be somewhere around 41C! Couldn't think of a better day to be on and in the water. Got my 50+ sun screen packed (probably the only person in history to get out of the pool whiter than when she got in! lol). My only concern was that my little girls are going to be so very hot but I came home yesterday to a wonderful surprise .. Hubby has installed a mister and timer on their run so every 30 minutes throughout the heat of the day they are going to be treated to a nice cool spray; what a sweetheart!! xoxo
    Oh yeah, if we get the predicted afternoon tropical storm, the boat trip back could be fun! Tee hee

5. cluckcluckluke

cluckcluckluke Overrun With Chickens

6. Fancychooklady

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    Just check the name on the boat. If it's anything like SS Minow don't be a Giligan, STAY HOME!
    Just joking. Happy birthday, hope you have a wonderful day. Don't forget your hat.

7. cluckcluckluke

Silly Question time!
    Does Australia follow the UK standard? So there isn't an "Australian Poultry Association" ( APA ) standard?

8. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

Lols Fancychooklady .. Won't be getting on that one! Ruled out anything with oars also! :)
    Thank you and yep, got the slip, slop, slap covered!
    [​IMG]

9. Fancychooklady

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    Blrw as requested.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And Zeus , buff sussex. ( he's the chick in my avatar )

10. cluckcluckluke

Thanks Teila. I hope so to[​IMG].
    Happy Birthday[​IMG].
    Is Mortan Island far from you? Have a great time!!
    Better white than burnt[​IMG].

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by