Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Do you ever wonder what your neighbours must think??

Winry our little cross beak escaped the garden run today and was wandering around down by the fence. Had to wonder what the neighbours must think if they can see me stand there and call her name and she comes running over to me like a puppy and I just reach down and pick her up to take back to the coop. Lol
LOL fortunately the only neighbours who can see me talking to my chickens also have chickens of their own. So hopefully they don't think I'm too crazy :D Mine don't like to be picked up, they will come and peck at my feed and let me stroke them (sometimes) but oh my do they create a scene if I pick them up!

Nice set up you have there, Simple
smile.png

And
welcome-byc.gif
from another SE Qld'er

I've decorated my chicken coop this week - I couldn't help it, lol. We use a clothesdryer as a nest box:

Martha posing:

One of the hens kept climbing in just to sit there and look at the portrait!!

Well my chicks went outside the other day for the first time... What I thought was a aggressive hen was showing no signs of aggression while they were outside they all looked but lost interest very quickly (2min max) . Also they are just over 3 weeks ( 2suspected wellies, 2sussexs and 3 gingerhams) just wondering now its coming into spring would it be safe to put them into the coop ? Their almost fully feathered

Hi all, I'm very new to keeping chooks, I have just bought 3 point of lay isa browns. I'm after any hints or tips that you people might have to help me along the way. I'm in Adelaide the chooks are 18 weeks old when would I expect them to start laying? (The kids are dying to collect the eggs). Here is a photo of the chook run. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom