Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Hey guys, I need some more advice on my broody if you don't mind. She's chucking all the eggs out of the nest :( the ones I can find are all broken except one blue egg that my ara managed to sneak under her. I don't have any more fertile eggs to give her :'(. Do I risk giving her the chicks in the incubator once they hatch? I really want her to raise one of her and Giraffe's babies.

These guys are five weeks old :hmm

Photo bomber :p

very slow feathering but I'm very happy with the barring I can see :) I wish I could keep these guys instead of the marans :( but it just makes too much sense to keep them :-/

Hey guys, I need some more advice on my broody if you don't mind. She's chucking all the eggs out of the nest :( the ones I can find are all broken except one blue egg that my ara managed to sneak under her. I don't have any more fertile eggs to give her :'(. Do I risk giving her the chicks in the incubator once they hatch? I really want her to raise one of her and Giraffe's babies.

These guys are five weeks old :hmm

Photo bomber :p

very slow feathering but I'm very happy with the barring I can see :) I wish I could keep these guys instead of the marans :( but it just makes too much sense to keep them :-/

Who knows what gets into them pinky??? But just cause she's taken issue with the eggs , doesn't mean she won't make a good mum. I'd still give her a chance. You'll just have to be on hand just in case.
1f609.png

Who knows what gets into them pinky??? But just cause she's taken issue with the eggs , doesn't mean she won't make a good mum. I'd still give her a chance. You'll just have to be on hand just in case.
1f609.png

Agree try her with babies at night pinky. Put them under her then go back a few times to check her. I had a speckled sussex once that would take new babies anytime of the day or night she would even steal then off others is she didn't have any of her own. I had another one that would try to kill any babies you put under her but she was an extreme case.

I had to break up a fight between my banty Broodiies . They weren't very lady like at all. My alpha momma was trying to steal chicks. Chicken little came away with a bloody comb, but still claimed ownership of the chicks.

Thought you might all like to get brown grass envy so i took thor for a walk so you could see how bad it is out here now.
Pic1 is 3/4 of the way down the back of my property.

PIc 2 is standing on the top of the gully at the very back of the property facing towards the front.

Don't know about any one else, Alfie has turned into a little so and so today. Thought it must be coming up to full moon lol
He was sitting beside me yesterday chatting away, today he has gone for me 4 times already lol
Got claret coming out of one finger already and a near miss to my back as I was kneeling down to feed chickens.
He's gonna be roast dinner if he keeps it up :)
Must be his time of the month lol

I'm struggling to enjoy my Chickens. I think I resent them in some way, all but Booker that is. They're just replacements for giraffe :( I find myself thinking no, you're not allowed to (scratch, sit, fat etc) there/that, that's giraffe's. And with Booker in the nest so i rarely see her, I look out into the yard and see all these strangers. They just don't feel like mine. Three of them don't even have names, and I name everything. It seems my young Yokohama is a male (the saga trying to get a hen continues) but I'm not even upset. I just think good, don't have to keep her/him :(
I would get out of Chickens all together but I can't get rid of Booker and she needs companions, and a rooster to protect her, and my partner has his heart set on the marans so I guess the strangers are here to stay :(
Sorry to unload on you guys like this :-\

Thought you might all like to get brown grass envy so i took thor for a walk so you could see how bad it is out here now.
Pic1 is 3/4 of the way down the back of my property.

PIc 2 is standing on the top of the gully at the very back of the property facing towards the front.
Wow hun, looks like my back yard, just without the trees lol

Ok one poor little tree lol this is over my back fence of my house yard

Back
Top Bottom