Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Anyone know of any large incubators that are good?
A good friend of mine and I are thinking of going into business selling chickens and turkeys.
Want one that is reliable. Accurate temp/humidity etc.
Easy to add water to instead of removing lid of incubator.

How big are you talking sandee. I would check out the ones at www.bellsouth.com.au I find the rcoms to be such a reliable incubator and mine i don't have to add water manually.

Last edited:
Well that is something we are still discussing :)
the bellsouth 100 egg incubator looks promising.
But I told her I can hatch up to 24 eggs every 3 weeks, so we might start small yet and see how it goes.
She is on 6 acres and I have just under 2 acre house block.
So might have to sit down with a couple of vinos over the weekend and discuss smaller details :)

If you are going 24 I would go with the rcom king suro like I have it is set and forget. My cousin has the rcom 20 and I think ash has the rcom 50.Bu thte best advice i would give you for the best bator you can afford not matter what the brand , ASk lots of people always easier to get advice form others who have them too.

Last edited:
I have the P&I 24 egg incubator, not a bad unit, am modifying it so that I don't have to remove the lid to top up the water.
I told her we'll start out with that at first and see how we go before we buy anything too big :)

Hi guys wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the begium d'uccles going to see a breeder about them tomorrow looking to add some fancy type chickens to my tiny flock. The choices I have are Peking frizzle, polish or the d'uccles, which ever way I go they have to be suitable to add in with my 2 commercial type laying chooks I have now any advice would be great as I'm new to all this lol. :-/

I am a fan of pekins and frizzles pekins too. A friend of mine breeds D'uccles.lovely looking birds. Had one polish and zeus ate it when he was a pup. I think all would blend in with your existing flock well. Remember to keep the new ones separate from your exisiting flock for about three weeks.

Last edited:
I like the look of the D'uccles for sure.

Your commercials are laying now, where did they come from? I only ask as we had a small flock of 4 rescued commercials, then added some nice 'fancy' chooks and we had health issues. Very important to follow the bio security measures, especially if you are getting them from different places. Well, thats my experience anyway.

Plenty of info here on both joining flocks and bio security, it's a pain but easier than replacing your whole flock.

I like the look of the D'uccles for sure.

Your commercials are laying now, where did they come from? I only ask as we had a small flock of 4 rescued commercials, then added some nice 'fancy' chooks and we had health issues. Very important to follow the bio security measures, especially if you are getting them from different places. Well, thats my experience anyway.

Plenty of info here on both joining flocks and bio security, it's a pain but easier than replacing your whole flock.
Good mention! I am bought 2 new additions to my flock of Orpingtons and 2 hens developed a respiratory disease. Took them to the vet and he said it could have been that the birds had different immune systems. Had to give the ladies antibiotics. They are on the mend now.

Back
Top Bottom