Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Just thought I'd give you an up date, could have dodged the rain drops, mostly hail and now as clear as, like nothing even happened.
At least the power didn't go out :) Bantams are safe in the incubator still thank god :)

I need to amend that - currently 147 chooks.
OMG My jaw just hit the floor lol Excuse me while I pick it up
wink.png

Hey guys looks like we are off to buy some frizzled Pekin in the morning just wondering if they can be feed the same feed as I'm feeding my commercial layers or if i need to feed them different? They will be around the 16week old mark.

How old are your commercials?

Rule of thumb is grower till they start laying then layer after that.
They have just started laying so they are on layer at the moment, more worried about the size of the pellets being to big for the frizzle. I will ask heaps of questions before i purchase them I'm new to keeping chickens the wife likes the look of a frizzle and i gotta admit so do i just wanting to get as much info as possible.

They have just started laying so they are on layer at the moment, more worried about the size of the pellets being to big for the frizzle. I will ask heaps of questions before i purchase them I'm new to keeping chickens the wife likes the look of a frizzle and i gotta admit so do i just wanting to get as much info as possible.

Millsy, if they are 16 weeks, then they should probably have pullet grower, which a bantam can eat easily. Pullet grower is available as a crumble or I actually use a brand which has a micro-pellet. Your best bet is to - as you said- ask questions and, to start with, and continue on the same feed. If they are nice people, they will give you a little bit to get the pullets started. :frow

Back
Top Bottom