Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

I know rain is good and I should be happy but please 'Make it stop!' Talk about bad timing; I am 3 days into a 4 day weekend and it has rained solidly for 2 of them! I am starting to develop severe chicken withdrawal symptoms!

If it is sunny when I am due to go back to work on Monday I am calling in sick!!
wink.png

I am worried one of the girls has eaten a mouse caught in a snap trap and it may be causing a crop obstruction... is there much than can be done?? :( She's got a small lump in the bottom of her crop, but nothing else :/

I am worried one of the girls has eaten a mouse caught in a snap trap and it may be causing a crop obstruction... is there much than can be done?? :( She's got a small lump in the bottom of her crop, but nothing else :/

This article helped me when I had a hen with impacted crop. Just be very careful not to aspirate when using the oil.

http://www.greenmuze.com/blogs/green-muzings/2208-chicken-impacted-crop-or-sour-crop.html

Btw , it is quite common for them to munch on rodents, the impaction may not be related. Eating a lot of grass will do it though.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom