Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Here are the current Queensland warnings:

Tropical Cyclone Advice for Tropical Low 1,
Severe Weather Warning 1 (QLD),
Marine Wind Warning Summary for Queensland,
Flood Warning - Georgina River and Eyre Creek (QLD),
Flood Warning Summary (QLD),
Flood Watch - Queensland (QLD),
Forecast Track Map (QLD) for Tropical Low 1.

If the tropical low forms a cyclone, we'll have a cyclone in the NT, AND a cyclone in QLD so expect lots of crazy weather.

Edited to add the MSLP, look at those babies go!:

Last edited:
Our girl had a great comp over the weekend , bringing home the ribbons, the rug and a wad of cash.
To our despair when we got home , one of the youngsters had broken his leg in a freak paddock accident. The highs and lows of equestrian love. We are devastated. :(

Grats to your daughter but what a tragic home coming. I'm so sorry to hear this and feel for you all.

Grats to your daughter but what a tragic home coming. I'm so sorry to hear this and feel for you all.

Thanks Sam, you always know just the right words. :) There hasn't been a lot of sleep around here since , and unfortunately it's just something that I can't ' unsee ' .
On a brighter note, based on her performance on the weekend, she has been invited to a very prestiges clinic and is being paid to ride someone else's horse. Her boys are resting this week after the big effort they put in. :)

Well thats more like it, IT must be ME.......No idea what I did different, BUT I did,

So,

Thanks for the night tip, I can see how it may be exploited to advantage.

Also, if some Mothers accept, and others resist/decline for their own reasons, then a person would be identifying who is a ' Good Mum' and planning around them with purchases, or additions, so that is a good tip too, thanks.

Monday night I collected eggs and ended up covered in mites! Two weeks ago moved all the hens out, dusted and sprayed the Roosts and run. Gave it a day or two, resprayed and brought the hens back. I normally the hens get dusted and wormed once a month. For the last four years, have not seen mites. Seems this humid warm weather is encouraging the numbers to grow significantly.

Anything additional I can do? my current process is:-

Nesting and bedding is either pea straw or sugar cane mulch. Spray/dust when first laid. Spay and dust the perches and empty the grain silo (small e.g. 3m dia.) and spray dust monthly.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Added

Ok Starting a new thread is working for me

But this from what I can see, is just one LONG thread that continues, and continues, hence the latest post just going to the end.
smile.png
Oooh, mites are bad! My girls had them last year, and I reacted really badly and got bitten terribly! In the end, I dismantled their wooden coop, threw most of it away except for bits I used for fencing and moved them into the garden shed, with a good dusting of DE on the way in. The shed is metal and their nesting boxes are plastic, and (touch wood) I haven't had problems since. then.

Thanks Sam, you always know just the right words. :) There hasn't been a lot of sleep around here since , and unfortunately it's just something that I can't ' unsee ' .
On a brighter note, based on her performance on the weekend, she has been invited to a very prestiges clinic and is being paid to ride someone else's horse. Her boys are resting this week after the big effort they put in. :)

Oh wow invite and paid! Steps in the right direction for Olympic greatness

Oooh, mites are bad! My girls had them last year, and I reacted really badly and got bitten terribly! In the end, I dismantled their wooden coop, threw most of it away except for bits I used for fencing and moved them into the garden shed, with a good dusting of DE on the way in. The shed is metal and their nesting boxes are plastic, and (touch wood) I haven't had problems since. then.

Argh! I hear ya! This last 12mths has been a shocker for parasites! I had ticks that nearly killed one of my hens and infested the rest. All the vets were telling me they were fleas (i know what a bloody flea looks like and that ain't it!) Then narrowly missed a second bout of them last month! NO MORE WOOD! And now my rooster has very severe scaley leg mite, and is not keen to cooperate with the treatment and has to be blindfolded after dark! I modified a olive oil cooking spray nozzle today so i can stand back and spray!

@birdman55 A most sincere thank you for all your gorgeous photos of your pheasants...my partner has developed an interest in them and has given me the go ahead to add them to the menagerie! Yussssss!
1f604.png
1f604.png
1f604.png

Back
Top Bottom