Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

I live in Kirkkonummi, which is on the Southern coast, about 30 km west of Helsinki, the capital city. We only get down to about 5 hours of light in mid winter, and in midsummer, the sun only sets for about 5 hours. Today, the day will be 15h 11min long here.

Utsjoki, which is about as up north as you can get (it's just shy of the 70th parallel north) will have sunset on November 27th, and then they won't have another sunrise until January 17th. Then the day will slowly get longer, until May 18th when after sunrise it won't set before July 28th. Up there in the northern parts you will get awfully cold winters, with record colds below -50C. On the other hand, due to the long days in summer, they also enjoy a very nice summer, +25C  isn't uncommon, and record highs are somewhere in the +32C range.

Thanks I'll show him your post.

Yeah, yeah I know it's not for everyone but no one does autumn like tassie.

Stunning pics. From those pics it's looks nice and warm :)

Nice colors, Fancy. We're at the opposite end of seasons here at the moment, leaves are starting to show on trees and bushes.

Autumn is my favourite time of the year. Sydney and dubbo don't really experience autumn , I had to wait till we got to moss vale to see the autumn colour again.
Spring is a close second, I love the blossom and daffodils. As I get older I realise that we only have so many autumns left . :(

Eeeew Outpost JWB, sorry to hear about all your rain and I can sympathise. Of course I know the importance of rain and the dramas attached to not getting any but I would just like to maybe not get it all in one hit!

vehve aaaw, your little ones sound and look adorable!

Sam are you showing off your beautiful green lawn or did you have as much luck taking chicken photos as I did?
wink.png

Fancy, awesome photos! Your German Shepherd is beautiful! Everyone needs to have a black cat! Ours is Syba and he is hubby obsessed and part frog .. does not do the cold! I love his little black jelly bean paws!

Speaking of cold, yep the tracky dacks got rescued from the back of the wardrobe and have been on all day, socks on feet to combat the cold tile floor but still managing without a jumper; the doona has returned to the bed and the cat beds are getting way more use than they were a week ago.

For the past week or so, at bed time, Cilla has been jumping up on the roost, nattering away to Crystal and KiKi trying to convince them to join her, when she realises that is not going to happen, she jumps back down and snuggles in the nest with them. Tonight when she jumped up I heard a lot more peeping than usual and while Crystal had managed to join her, KiKi was still on the floor and peeping up a storm. I watched her for a while and she jumped up onto the roost also.

I was so proud, my little nuggets on the roost for the first time. However, there was a technical hitch! Cilla had perched at the end of the roost up against the coop wall and Crystal was next to her, meaning KiKi could not snuggle mum, only Crystal. There was a lot of peeping and shuffling noises so I left them to it.

I went back later to see if they had worked it out and everyone was back in the nest box, nice and warm. I am not sure if the shuffling caused one or both of the nuggets to fall off or Cilla just thought to herself “I am not going to get any sleep” and jumped off herself!
wink.png

Eeeew Outpost JWB, sorry to hear about all your rain and I can sympathise. Of course I know the importance of rain and the dramas attached to not getting any but I would just like to maybe not get it all in one hit! vehve aaaw, your little ones sound and look adorable! Sam are you showing off your beautiful green lawn or did you have as much luck taking chicken photos as I did? ;) Fancy, awesome photos! Your German Shepherd is beautiful! Everyone needs to have a black cat! Ours is Syba and he is hubby obsessed and part frog .. does not do the cold! I love his little black jelly bean paws! Speaking of cold, yep the tracky dacks got rescued from the back of the wardrobe and have been on all day, socks on feet to combat the cold tile floor but still managing without a jumper; the doona has returned to the bed and the cat beds are getting way more use than they were a week ago. For the past week or so, at bed time, Cilla has been jumping up on the roost, nattering away to Crystal and KiKi trying to convince them to join her, when she realises that is not going to happen, she jumps back down and snuggles in the nest with them. Tonight when she jumped up I heard a lot more peeping than usual and while Crystal had managed to join her, KiKi was still on the floor and peeping up a storm. I watched her for a while and she jumped up onto the roost also. I was so proud, my little nuggets on the roost for the first time. However, there was a technical hitch! Cilla had perched at the end of the roost up against the coop wall and Crystal was next to her, meaning KiKi could not snuggle mum, only Crystal. There was a lot of peeping and shuffling noises so I left them to it. I went back later to see if they had worked it out and everyone was back in the nest box, nice and warm. I am not sure if the shuffling caused one or both of the nuggets to fall off or Cilla just thought to herself “I am not going to get any sleep” and jumped off herself! ;)
Haha, our black cat loves water, she sits on my feet when I'm watering the garden. She is only friendly to myself and daughter, everybody else is ' fair game ' . She lulls people into a false sense of security, head butts them , smooches their legs then attacks. I warn people not to pat the black one but she is good at her craft and they usually end up ignoring me. :rolleyes: Our shepherd is a sweety. Winnie. I popped 8 eggs under a Silkie today, bit late in the season but she is adamant that she wants to hatch something. Who am I to argue ? ;)

Hello everyone
1f60a.png
got one question my queen chook ISA brown keeps picking on my bantam araucana is there any way I can stop her from picking on her too much? The araucana has sustained some bad injuries. Is there anything I can put on her wounds to prevent infection?

Back
Top Bottom