Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Ok so I have one chick who has always been a little behind. He had a lot of pasty butt, is still smaller, he has no tail feathers and has never been as active. Yesterday he was sleepy, he didn't huddle with the others last night, and today is tilting and falling to the left. I have brought him inside and he is having some issues missing the food I have set out for him and staying upright.
Any thoughts or theories? I was worried about Mareks, but everyone else is fine. He also has runny white mucous poop.

Ok so I have one chick who has always been a little behind. He had a lot of pasty butt, is still smaller, he has no tail feathers and has never been as active. Yesterday he was sleepy, he didn't huddle with the others last night, and today is tilting and falling to the left. I have brought him inside and he is having some issues missing the food I have set out for him and staying upright.
Any thoughts or theories? I was worried about Mareks, but everyone else is fine. He also has runny white mucous poop.

Check this poop chart out , I would be thinking coccocidiosis or worm burden .

http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/02/whats-scoop-on-chicken-poop-digestive.html

Apparently it snowed near us yesterday - just a 10 minute drive away - it never snows here. It was -freezing- last night though.

How is everyone? I spent the day with my 4 year old trying to convince me to buy him a purse so he can carry a chicken around in it. He really wants a "purse chicken".

I had a pullet die after a similar set of symptoms recently - it turned out to be worms.

Gee this peeves me off. You look at all the hoops they had to go through to import chickens into Australia and maintain our bio security and yet because he's a movie star johnny depp thinks he can just bring dogs in and not even declare them.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-...stay-in-australia-barnaby-joyce-warns/6468542

Me too Apps. I don't know how it was missed and to think of what the breach has brought to Australia infuriating! And after hour trips to salon? He knew they done the wrong thing hope they fine him big time and put the dogs down. Anyone else and that's what would happen.

Poor little dogs. As if he didn't know the quarantine procedures. You would think that placing them in quarantine would be fair enough rather than destroying them.
Lovely pics as always Fancy :)
Here are a few more baby pics. It turns out this little baby...

Is a pullet!

Back
Top Bottom