Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

You could PM @BensHens he's in the Perth region.
smile.png

Welcome back Pugg … adorable little ones you have there!  Good luck with the hatch.

Sorry swirler, I am not going to be of any assistance, wrong side of the country ;)

mamabokbok and locknest4 yep, the temp fencing I have has come in hand on many occasions and it folds into itself so is easy to store upright or on the flat. 

I have used it for ‘look, do not touch’ integrations and it is wonderful for simply clipping onto an existing broody set-up to give them that little bit of extra room.  Because it opens out to a straight, it can be fashioned into any shape and as long as both ends are either clipped together or onto something, it is free standing.

If you wanted to, you can buy or fashion a cover for them.

Also, should you wish, you can separate the panels by taking off the existing factory fasteners and replacing with cable ties if you want to put them back together again.

I will, however, add that determined bantams can easily jump over it and when very tiny, chicks can squeeze through the gaps. 

But, 2 mins to set up and 2 mins to take down again, it does make a great temporary enclosure/extension.

Yep, I have two packs of this fencing , been used to raise chicks, as a hospital, a rabbit hutch and our son even borrowed one set for his puppies. I have one Set up permanent to an old dog kennel , for the white silkies. Keeps the Hawks away.

Hi all... can anyone recommend a place to look for fertile eggs in the Perth region, apart from gumtree? My broody girl is well and truly on the brood so am looking for something this weekend, but it seems a bit of a struggle to find places that are actually selling (I'm looking for fairly specific but not uncommon varieties, and just one mixed dozen).
You might want to try ringing Liz at comps poultry herne hill. I think they sell eggs u wld have to check. That's where I got my week Olds from. They have lots of varieties , immunization products etc. She's open til 4 today I think. And then on sat and sun. U can Google 'Comps Poultry'. Hope this helps
1f60a.png

You might want to try ringing Liz at comps poultry herne hill. I think they sell eggs u wld have to check. That's where I got my week Olds from. They have lots of varieties , immunization products etc. She's open til 4 today I think. And then on sat and sun. U can Google 'Comps Poultry'. Hope this helps
1f60a.png

Thanks but Comp's doesn't do fertile eggs, haven't for a long time.

1f60a.png

Thanks but Comp's doesn't do fertile eggs, haven't for a long time.

Oh wasn't sure if they did or not.
Apparently there is a Facebook poultry page. Maybe try there. I'm not on Facebook but someone told me about it.

Good morning Friends :frow Hey RodneyRooster “sounds like they were trying to protect u too!” .. I did not think of that! I thought they were coming to me for protection but they have been trying to get me to take cover also ;) Lol .. yep, I was being greedy! I have two Frizzles …. KiKi And LuLu Lolz Sam I thought when I said “gimmmeee” that I might be taken up on that if (s)he was a He ;) Fingers crossed for a Frizzle girl for you :fl *Sigh* gotta go into the office today for meetings ... working from home is wonderful but it is a real shock to the system when I have to dress-up-for-the-office ;)
Haha no wonder i couldnt remember which was frizzle!
[COLOR=141823]78 Indian Game and Silver Laced Wyandotte eggs in the Rcom 50. Don't worry - it's only for a couple of days until my other incubator is free.[/COLOR]
Eow look at all those! Great job Ash :-D
At what age can I start using newspaper or shavings with the chicks? They have worked out they can rip up the paper towell :-/
I used to use newspaper on the bottom and a layer of paper towel on top. Yep very messy when they learn to do that lol. The newspaper is harder for them to rip and soaks up more and then if i just change the top layer of paper towel and a layer of newspaper each day that used to do quite well. Think there was a time i was changing the paper towel twice a day tho..
Hey everyone, Pugg here :frow Been away from BYC for a while so I thought i'd make an update on my chooks! My English game chicks are going quite well. The girls are fantastic mothers and my roo is an amazing father. I promised a friend i'd give her 3, i'm still troubled which ones to give her though because I just love them all! These two i'm definitely keeping, they are absolutely gorgeous :love and quite friendly. My Japanese Bantam hen has gone broody on her first batch of eggs! They should hatch soon, I'm very excited.
Awww how do u choose?! Goodluck with the broody bantam! How soon is soon? Lol. My first broodys lot should be hatching this weekend!! :-D

My girls had their first day out in their big coop yard today.
They stayed together and had by the looks of it a good day.
I noticed they went into the big coop now and again for a bit of a rest, still together. Very cute.
They all went back into the coop in the evening. Hurray! :clap
Thanks for the solar light idea apps I think they helped with going back to the coop at night.

So now they are officially out of the brooder and into the coop! ;)

Back
Top Bottom