Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Good morning Friends :frow

Chicken-clucky your new little man is adorable and congratulations on your pressie; looking forward to the pics.  Also, belated Happy Birthday :)

sjturner79 love the pic of all your little ones :love

Howdy Fizzybelle, nice to meet you .. your little flock is gorgeous .. love all the colours.   Esme is such a little cutie.

Bunnings to the rescue … after ringing 6 stores .. one of the joys of living in Brisbane, a Bunnings on every corner ;) …. We sourced a replacement canopy for the gazebo :cool:

The Crows were driving me insane yesterday with their noise to the point that I walked out into the front garden and shouted “For &*^$ sake; SHUT UP!”  .. now the neighbours have proof that I am crazy .. lol.  They did, however, shut up ;)

:lau I have been known to say that to our rainbow squitry every now and then.
I gave my two pekin hens and a rooster that i hatched earlier in the year to my neighbour on saturday. They are a lovely retired couple and they have had chickens for about 3 years and can't get one to go broody. She has aussies i bred but not one has gone broody for her and she so wants babies. They are just under laying age. I told her if she can't get these to go broody she is really jinxed. I then told her baout your girls and their broodiness .:lau

Last edited:
If only my phone would work and I could upload the photos of my birthday present from my partner, he took me to a breeder and told me to pick 10 chooks
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
I got 11 though haha. But ohh my they are beautiful.

The Crows were driving me insane yesterday with their noise to the point that I walked out into the front garden and shouted “For &*^$ sake; SHUT UP!” .. now the neighbours have proof that I am crazy .. lol. They did, however, shut up
wink.png

Ugh, crows! I have three bogan crows that hang around my yard. Bogan because they are scruffy, all the other wild birds hate them, and they don't shut up. They frequently drop bits of anything they find into water left out for the chickens. The other day I literally found a rat's a** in one container. Switching over to bottles with water nipples now.

Last edited:
Ugh, crows! I have three bogan crows that hang around my yard. Bogan because they are scruffy, all the other wild birds hate them, and they don't shut up. They frequently drop bits of anything they find into water left out for the chickens. The other day I literally found a rat's a** in one container. Switching over to bottles with water nipples now.

Wise decision, the risk of salmonella poisoning is high , when you have them introducing offal to your pens.

Good morning Friends
frow.gif

Chicken-clucky your new little man is adorable and congratulations on your pressie; looking forward to the pics. Also, belated Happy Birthday
smile.png

sjturner79 love the pic of all your little ones
love.gif

Howdy Fizzybelle, nice to meet you .. your little flock is gorgeous .. love all the colours. Esme is such a little cutie.

Bunnings to the rescue … after ringing 6 stores .. one of the joys of living in Brisbane, a Bunnings on every corner
wink.png
…. We sourced a replacement canopy for the gazebo
cool.png

The Crows were driving me insane yesterday with their noise to the point that I walked out into the front garden and shouted “For &*^$ sake; SHUT UP!” .. now the neighbours have proof that I am crazy .. lol. They did, however, shut up
wink.png

There ya go Teila .,.,.,. even crows know 'dominant' when they hear it !!!
lau.gif

I really thought they may have made a decision to go elsewhere after the boxing ring incident with Dusty. But no - Pesky and determined, are the ravens. !!

Cheers - - -

Welcome Fizzybelle ..... you will have a great time here - I have learned heaps since being devoted to this thread.

Love you beautiful chickens. .... all so pretty.

clucky-lucky ---- a belated Happy Birthday to you. Such an assortment of young birds you have there. All gorgeous. What a wonderful birthday gift to receive from your partner.

In Autumn, I will be purchasing probably 1 or 2 more laying pullets. Had a barnevelder who became sick and died - so I don't think I dare that again. And she was very aloof, but perhaps because she was ailing from the time I got her.

Cochins sound wonderful - something not too big to go in with Mindy Araucana - who I don't think would mind. !!
roll.png

Cheers -

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom