Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Thanks @Teila ! My last hen recently passed away so I am fresh out of chickens but happy knowing that they all lived to a ripe old age. I decided to wait a bit and get a fresh start to see how I can improve how I handle the next flock, but now I'm ready and excited for some new babies
smile.png

Aaaw, I am so sorry to hear of your loss .. what was a ripe old age?

Looking forward to the pictures of the bubbies!
big_smile.png
pop.gif

Most of them lived for about 7ish years so for my first batch of chickens I thought it was a success.  They are so endearing, I can't wait for more :)

Yes 7 years is not bad at all i have had quite a few live to 9. My white faced black Spanish will be 10 in June if she continues on. Still looks pretty healthy.

New Chookpen and our house (taken with my new drone)

Reggie the turkey on the guinea fowl eggs

Muscovys

Some of the gang

Guinea fowl

Peacko the peacock (he's only 2 so lacking a pretty tail yet!)

Wyatt and Winnie the wyandottes

Reggie the turkey

Winnie, Old girl the isa brown and one of the unnamed Barneveld x

Whitey and her babies. The oldest one is feathered but not yet fleged

Hi all..Im a newbie to BYC - just joined today!
I live in Esperance WA and have a bit of a zoo going on! I have budgies - including 3 sitting on eggs and one that hatched 3 babies a fortnight ago.

I also have a MASSIVE recently revamped chookpen, that is home to a Wyandotte rooster and hen, a turkey, a peacock, 3 Barneveld x rhode island reds, a lavender Belgian, an isa brown, 3 guinea fowl, 2 handraised Muscovy ducks, an Appleyard drake and his sister, and a pekin duck - oh and a pet sheep at the moment cause we're refencing her enclosure at the moment!

There's a strange thing happening in my chookpen at the moment - my turkey is sitting on guinea fowl eggs. They were laid over the past fortnight and the guinea fowl hen was sitting on them, but she got off one day and he took over. Odd hey!

New Chookpen and our house (taken with my new drone) Reggie the turkey on the guinea fowl eggs Muscovys Some of the gang Guinea fowl Peacko the peacock (he's only 2 so lacking a pretty tail yet!) Wyatt and Winnie the wyandottes Reggie the turkey Winnie, Old girl the isa brown and one of the unnamed Barneveld x Whitey and her babies. The oldest one is feathered but not yet fleged Hi all..Im a newbie to BYC - just joined today! I live in Esperance WA and have a bit of a zoo going on! I have budgies - including 3 sitting on eggs and one that hatched 3 babies a fortnight ago. I also have a MASSIVE recently revamped chookpen, that is home to a Wyandotte rooster and hen, a turkey, a peacock, 3 Barneveld x rhode island reds, a lavender Belgian, an isa brown, 3 guinea fowl, 2 handraised Muscovy ducks, an Appleyard drake and his sister, and a pekin duck - oh and a pet sheep at the moment cause we're refencing her enclosure at the moment! There's a strange thing happening in my chookpen at the moment - my turkey is sitting on guinea fowl eggs. They were laid over the past fortnight and the guinea fowl hen was sitting on them, but she got off one day and he took over. Odd hey!
Nice looking menagerie. Welcome to BYC. Ducks and chickens swap all the time, so I guess other species do too.

New Chookpen and our house (taken with my new drone)

Reggie the turkey on the guinea fowl eggs

Muscovys

Some of the gang

Guinea fowl

Peacko the peacock (he's only 2 so lacking a pretty tail yet!)

Wyatt and Winnie the wyandottes

Reggie the turkey

Winnie, Old girl the isa brown and one of the unnamed Barneveld x

Whitey and her babies. The oldest one is feathered but not yet fleged

Hi all..Im a newbie to BYC - just joined today!
I live in Esperance WA and have a bit of a zoo going on! I have budgies - including 3 sitting on eggs and one that hatched 3 babies a fortnight ago.

I also have a MASSIVE recently revamped chookpen, that is home to a Wyandotte rooster and hen, a turkey, a peacock, 3 Barneveld x rhode island reds, a lavender Belgian, an isa brown, 3 guinea fowl, 2 handraised Muscovy ducks, an Appleyard drake and his sister, and a pekin duck - oh and a pet sheep at the moment cause we're refencing her enclosure at the moment!

There's a strange thing happening in my chookpen at the moment - my turkey is sitting on guinea fowl eggs. They were laid over the past fortnight and the guinea fowl hen was sitting on them, but she got off one day and he took over. Odd hey!
A hearty
welcome-byc.gif
you TheChookChick78, What an assortment you have there. Love the photo's ,,, all beautiful.

Have learned something else new now ( I keep learning on this thread - it is fantastic ) ... from sjturner79 about ducks and chickens swapping roles as potential parents - sitting on eggs and all. Would never have thought one species would adopt the 'parenting' role of another.

Enjoy your time here - and

Cheers ~

Back
Top Bottom