Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

How many Chooks do you have @InterestingChickens ?

Here are my five :)
IMG20200609145116.jpg

That's Alice avoiding being photographed :p

Hey everyone, I have just created a meetup group for fellow pet chicken owners in Australia, especially those in NSW : https://www.meetup.com/NSW-Pet-Chicken-friends-circle/
If anyone would like to host any kind of event in relation to their feathered babies, voluntary some information session on raising chickens or even hosting poultry auctions, please let me know.
I am open to suggestions. Hopefully we can find better solutions to some old problems: ex-battery hens, urban roosters that you have just hand raised from a baby, etc.

Hi Folks, I'm new to this forum and to raising chickens. I found this thread in a response to my introduction post.

My husband, Adrian Kosky, and I adopted/rescued four chickens in May 2020 in Daylesford, Vic. He's got the experience, and I'm learning how to care for chooks. So far, so good! Five hundred and thirty-nine eggs, since May's adoption date!

Here's a picture of our chook house built out of recycled materials, along with pictures of the food and water system we're using.

The selfie pic shows a few craft items I've made since the beginning of the COVID-19 lockdown. :D

I look forward to reading your chook stories.

ChookHouseSept2020.jpg

ChickenFeeder3.jpg

ChickenFeeder2.jpg

ChickenFeeder1.jpg

chickenmask.jpg

How many Chooks do you have @InterestingChickens ?

Here are my five :)
View attachment 2319586

That's Alice avoiding being photographed :p

I have four Isa Brown chooks. It's hard to get them all in one photograph!

ChookHouseSwing.jpg

Edited to add: Sorry, I'm just trying to share how many chooks I have, but I can't figure out who to reply to. I'm sort of new at forum discussions. Lovely pic of the five, though. ;)

Hi Folks, I'm new to this forum and to raising chickens. I found this thread in a response to my introduction post.

My husband, Adrian Kosky, and I adopted/rescued four chickens in May 2020 in Daylesford, Vic. He's got the experience, and I'm learning how to care for chooks. So far, so good! Five hundred and thirty-nine eggs, since May's adoption date!

Here's a picture of our chook house built out of recycled materials, along with pictures of the food and water system we're using.

The selfie pic shows a few craft items I've made since the beginning of the COVID-19 lockdown. :D

View attachment 2352606
View attachment 2352607
View attachment 2352608
View attachment 2352609
View attachment 2352610
They're laying well!

View attachment 2352606
View attachment 2352607
View attachment 2352608
View attachment 2352609
View attachment 2352610
I use dine a chook feeders too. They're quite good.

Back
Top Bottom