Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Hi All,
I am in Melbourne and have returned to hatching chickens to keep sane during lockdown - didn’t know lockdown would last so long. On to my third incubation. I incubated and kept chickens when growing up but only just returning as an adult. Just hatched backyard mixes to start with but looking to try some heritage breeds now I am back in the swing of it. Only incubating very small numbers. Have already learnt a heap from reading this thread - thank you

Hi All,
I am in Melbourne and have returned to hatching chickens to keep sane during lockdown - didn’t know lockdown would last so long. On to my third incubation. I incubated and kept chickens when growing up but only just returning as an adult. Just hatched backyard mixes to start with but looking to try some heritage breeds now I am back in the swing of it. Only incubating very small numbers. Have already learnt a heap from reading this thread - thank you
Hi! What a great way to get through lockdown.

Hi All,
Hi Louwin! :frow

Will you be posting pictures of your flock?
How many do you have and do you name them?

Oh and :welcome

Hi Louwin! :frow

Will you be posting pictures of your flock?
How many do you have and do you name them?

Oh and :welcome
Thanks Aussie-ChookMum, I love the blue mountains. What a lovely place to live.
Yes we do name them which might be a problem as we will have to rehome the 2 roosters we now have!! I am going to try and attach photos. Chicks.png
They are Schnitzel, Buddy, Princess Layer (thankfully a hen!!), Peanut, Stock and Little Roo. Can you tell kids were involved in the naming!! I would love to have more land and a little hobby farm. Always something to work towards. They are now 11 weeks old. This next incubation will be a couple of Rhode Island Red and a couple of Blue Laced Barnevelder eggs which I am very excited about. They should arrive today or tomorrow so the incubator is on and ready to go. Chickens 1.jpg Schnitzel.jpg

Back
Top Bottom