Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

yes i contacted her and she said she had just shipped out her last batch of pullets and would be happy to ship them over to me in 2 or 3 months so i said ok ill try then but then i was just scrolling through gumtree and found someone selling a broody and her 8 chicks so uh i bought them they hatched on monday the 13 and they are a mix of araucanas and sussex and australorp the rooster was a beautiful araucana and i am happy with my purchase mother is a mix of a white laced i paid around 130 aud was that a scam? forgot to mention the guy said that the chicks will change colour they are black at the moment he said the hen i got has a better chance of being araucana so could someone verify that for me his hens were greyish lavender and black and white mostly araucana did eh scam me or are they really araucana
Hi SilkySilkie. I have an Araucana.
PXL_20210924_070528716.jpg
PXL_20210924_070625994.jpg

She is that dove grey which I think is called lavender.
They come in lots of colours I believe. Here is a link to the "Open poultry Standards" for Australia if you are interested.
http://www.openpoultrystandards.com/Araucana

My other 2 girls are "Easter eggers" which is basically an Araucana cross bred with anything else.
PXL_20210919_070029132.jpg

I expect you may have trouble telling if they are full Araucana unless they lay blue eggs.

Here are the eggs my 3 lay
PXL_20210919_054606782.MP.jpg

It's not easy to tell from the picture but they are dark brown, greenish blue and blueish green. 😄

Hey all just found the Aussie post!
Im from Central West NSW And have a love of hatching chicks!!! Its just my own personal hobby my kids and i enjoy. I don't hatch to sell, I'm just so fascinated by the entire incubation process, and love to gift my family and friends with chicks to enjoy! Tho Roos end up in the freezer! I have a little flock of Barred Plymouth Rocks, 2 freeloading Australorps. 🤣 We live on the outskirts of town on 1 Acre that is basically a small hobby farm! We also have Bee's, Parrots, 2 budgies, 2 lambs, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 Lizards and a rabbit.. basically starting off our own Ark i think! 🤔
Anyways just wanted to say hey! 👋

Poultry Mum how did you get on with the council regarding your Roo's? Do you still need people to sign your petition?
Hi! :frow:welcome

Thank you for thinking of me MJ.

It's a bit soon. My 3 seem to be trucking on well at the moment so I won't be adding anymore for a while.
Hey darl, I’ll some for awhile lol and I’ll have ducklings soon too.. just send me a pm if your interested or if you know anyone who might be looking… I tend to sell mine cheaper than most only because I’m in it for the love of breeding and hatching… if some people in society weren’t so ill hearted I’d give them away!! But you never know… ❤️❤️

Hey darl, I’ll some for awhile lol and I’ll have ducklings soon too.. just send me a pm if your interested or if you know anyone who might be looking… I tend to sell mine cheaper than most only because I’m in it for the love of breeding and hatching… if some people in society weren’t so ill hearted I’d give them away!! But you never know… ❤️❤️
Thanks PM.
It will be a while before I add any more girls I think.
Ideally I only want 4 hens maximum in my flock and introduce two at a time. But who knows, I may be struck with chicken math! 😄

Thanks PM.
It will be a while before I add any more girls I think.
Ideally I only want 4 hens maximum in my flock and introduce two at a time. But who knows, I may be struck with chicken math! 😄
Hahahhaha…. God knows I was!… lol… and if you take out all the ones with names I really have no chickens (or ducks) at all…🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Hey all just found the Aussie post!
Im from Central West NSW And have a love of hatching chicks!!! Its just my own personal hobby my kids and i enjoy. I don't hatch to sell, I'm just so fascinated by the entire incubation process, and love to gift my family and friends with chicks to enjoy! Tho Roos end up in the freezer! I have a little flock of Barred Plymouth Rocks, 2 freeloading Australorps. 🤣 We live on the outskirts of town on 1 Acre that is basically a small hobby farm! We also have Bee's, Parrots, 2 budgies, 2 lambs, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 Lizards and a rabbit.. basically starting off our own Ark i think! 🤔
Anyways just wanted to say hey! 👋

Poultry Mum how did you get on with the council regarding your Roo's? Do you still need people to sign your petition?

Helooo!!! Welcome! Welcome! :frow

Hey @Poultry mum!! Looks like we got another CWestie on board!! :celebrate

Back
Top Bottom