Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Quote:
Where is the auction ? I have plans for the weekend- but would still be interested to know about it.

Welcome 70%cocoa , If they want to sit they are welcome. More eggs than I can incubate are being laid- and them sitting will slow things down even more. I Love the convenience that comes with incubating- but there is nothing like seeing a mum raising her own babies.

WOOKLET!!! What great timing your little ones have!! Very cute. So glad you have some precious little ones right now.

Quote:
i hatched aylesbury ducks (their for sale if anyone is interested) yeah the ducks are quite different to my chickens.

My daughter may be interested. We have an Aylesbury bachelor who could do with a wife.

Hi everyone....
big_smile.png

Im in Warrawong.....near Wollongong NSW. I have 3 chickens & one Roo.
Ive raised the chicks since they were 3 days old. 2 black one brown bantams. Dont know the breed as of yet. Just plain lookn chooks.
The roo is a chinese silky. Got him from RSPCA & he's great...love him sooo much. Hes so cute & fluffeh!! You can carry him round, clip his feet, trim the
feathers over his eyes...truly amazing.

Glad the weather hasnt got too hot as yet, I love these cool days. Wind went wild earlier & cool, but now its raining. Have to keep chickies inside there coop.
Im really enjoying having them as pets.
Love the chick pics.....how about we post pics of our coops/runs?? Mine is one I bought online. I just made a little fence around it for a 'run' & covered some
of it with shadecloth. I now have straw on the floor cos it gets very wet during rain.
lol.png

Hi and welcome aboard chic-a-deee, My brother and sister in law are in Wollongong, and also keep chooks. She likes the breeds that lay coloured eggs since the kids love them so much.

Love the idea about people posting pics of their runs and coops. Mine is nothing special. The ducks all have free run of the shed at night so they are safe. I might have a photos around somewhere of them inside.

Quote:
Where is the auction ? I have plans for the weekend- but would still be interested to know about it.

At Nathalia on Saturday. Last one there till March next year I think.

Last edited:
Morning Ducky,Wooklet and Rare and welcome to the newbies. Gosh it has been hot up here this week. Temps over 40 every day and it isn't even summer yet. How is the temp for you guys in the other states. I have recently aquired some new chickens. Brahmas. A friend shows them and gave me 17 spare ones. They are nearly 5 weeks old and so fun to watch. MY ducks are laying up a storm again. Luckily I have people that buy them for eating eggs now so that helps with the feed costs.

Back
Top Bottom