Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Seems like she just had not had them seperated quite long enough. Will wait now to see if refund arrives.

fl.gif
good luck.

Hey Ash,
I love the new babies, especially the barred araucanas. The look so cool. Do you use a full sized barred rock to mate with your girls to get these?
Refund has been recieved for the first lot of welsummers. Shame it took alot of arguing to get there but it's all good now.

Thanks for the info. Will go to produce store later and get chick feed and a waterer. Still only 1 baby so far. Although she is still sitting so maybe there is hope for 1 or 2 more. The other girls haven't bothered her so far at any stage of sitting. So hopefully this will stay that way. Will try to get a pic and upload it. Never done it so heres hoping. When we saw it yesterday it was still wet and my 10yo son went "ooooooh, its so ugly" then when he saw it after school he change his mind. All yellow and fluffy. Keep your fingers crossed that I get more.

The barring is very persistent. it comes from one BPR rooster about 7 generations ago.
These are produced with a Lavender Araucana rooster over black or dark mottled
hens.

Ok thanks Ash. I was trying to picture a little aracuana girl having a huge barred rock chasing her lol. I only have 1 araucana cross and it's a male. It was a lavender hen and i think the father is a black copper maran. He is black with tuffs and a huge long tail.

Back
Top Bottom