Australorp - Gender

I'll try to get a good picture of her later - in answer to your question, I've had her since she was less than one week of age, so I am sure of her age. They are all resting in the shade - very hot here today so nobody wants to pose for photos.

That's a trick I'd never thought of! I grabbed her - how frustrating .... guess what she did? Yep - one leg up and one leg down :(

@donrae @PandCo

@LynnPG Here is the photo of Delilah, hope this helps! Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Thank you @PandCo

She is beautiful, though I guess I'm biased! I am encouraged by all these posts. Interesting that you had the same quandary with Charlotte - was yours very dominant too?
She was mildly dominant when she was young since she was second on the pecking order. Now that my most dominant hen, an Easter Egger (also in the picture I posted, her name was Felicity), has passed, she quickly assumed a more dominant demeanor toward the other hens. Still a sweet girl though, don't get me wrong.

And also with the point about you making with her leaping at your ring, Charlotte has always had quite a bit of curiosity in her. She bites at my dads wedding ring too, what a coincidence!
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom