Australorps breed Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by call ducks, Mar 27, 2010.

1. chickadoodles

chickadoodles True BYC Addict

Feb 28, 2013
    South West Alabama
    Everyone's birds are looking so good!
    Mine are too. My BA's are now 19 weeks old and they are still making me wait for eggs and driving me crazy! I know it won't be much longer! [​IMG]

2. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    Do they look ready?

3. chickadoodles

Feb 28, 2013
    South West Alabama
    I keep looking at their faces and I cannot tell if they are getting red or not.... I guess I don't know how to tell, I see red around their eyes... But I just don't know. I am feeding them layer crumble, oyster shells.

4. ronott1

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    Their combs and wattles will get big and turn red. If you do not have a rooster, they will start squatting for you. They start that a couple weeks before the first egg. A couple of days before the first egg they will start tearing up the nest box.

One my pullets practiced the egg song the day before the first egg. She was very funny....

5. chickadoodles

Feb 28, 2013
    South West Alabama
    I have roosters, too me they have had really red combs and wattles. One of my hens sang the egg song three weeks ago! I heard it and ran to see the egg! But there was no egg... The girls do not squat for me though! Right now all they do with the nest boxes is use them for a toilet! GRRR!
    Thanks Ron!

6. RattlesnakeRidgeWV

RattlesnakeRidgeWV Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2011
    Hedgesville, WV
    Dan,
    The Gilberts look very good to me.

Ron,
    What did you actually end up with from Chet, blacks,blue and any splashes? and sexes? They look just like mine and I am very happy with them.

Aveca,
    Is there a website to order the book from Aus, because all I can find is the form you have to mail to them with Austr dollars?
    Do they take paypal or moneys orders, and then there is the AUD USD conversion to deal with.
    Kurt

7. ronott1

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    I have 3 Cockerels and 4 Pullets. One of each are Blue.

I am very happy with them.

8. aveca

aveca Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Waverly, NY
    kurt, dan ..pamela of australorp club is working up a price for the three books and shipping inside australia..will know more this week..

9. RossAussie

RossAussie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2013
    G'day,

If you get Pam to post the books directly to me, I'll get them signed and I will pay for the Australia to USA air-mail postage for you guys.

Regards,

Ross

10. MeanV2

MeanV2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2013
    Lynne, Just keep me informed & Thanks!

Ross, this is a Great opportunity and I for one appreciate you making it available to us! Thank You Sir!

Dan

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by