Australorps breed Thread

Quote:
ROFL!
yuckyuck.gif

Gramma Chick, have you ever noticed that some children cry louder than others during the same vaccination. I think Peppa has a case of the "cry baby". LOL I have never had a hen that put up such a big fuss before so was not use to it. hee hee. But yes, point well taken.
highfive.gif
~Dee~
ROFL....I was like ...what is that ? I looked it up - Rolling On the Floor, Laughing
Yes some hens & children just complain more ..I have a hen who complains about everything .
I call her dot dot forget me not ...coz she doesnt let you forget her ..grump grump grump ..my son hates her

Quote: Thanks thedragonlady. I shared your pic and comment with my project manager. My DH is coming up with some ideas and appreciates the input as well. Helps to spark some thinking for our situation for sure.
Sure looked like a cold day in your pic with all that snow and ice last year. BRRRRRR! Great how well your set up worked. ~Dee~
Every time I see your lines / net..I think what a lot of work that took ...it looks wonderful .

My birds are almost done moulting and will hopefully start laying again soon. I wanted to show off my Tigercreek birds. I had a fox kill a pullet about a month ago that really bummed me out. I still have two really nice pullets though and one of the cockerels is coming along nicely. I'm still holding out hope for the other cockerel (bottom photo).

Every time I see your lines / net..I think what a lot of work that took ...it looks wonderful .
I sure WISH I could do those fishing lines but I would block off where hubby needs to go in his truck some times. Might have to figure OUT a way to do this though!!! Where can I find a pic of the fishing lines done?

Last edited:
My birds are almost done moulting and will hopefully start laying again soon. I wanted to show off my Tigercreek birds. I had a fox kill a pullet about a month ago that really bummed me out. I still have two really nice pullets though and one of the cockerels is coming along nicely. I'm still holding out hope for the other cockerel (bottom photo).

VERY pretty roo to I might add!

Dee, Take a look at my page, and see the monofilament lines I use for Hawk protection. These are 40 lb. test lines that cover about 1/2 acre.Leaves , snow, and ice do not foul these lines. They have done a great job for me. All my hydrangea bushes in the orchard under those lines have bird netting which the bushes have grown through. That gives the Orps another level of protection.
I'm lost again
gig.gif
where do I find your page to see the lines for hawk protection?
smile.png

I sure WISH I could do those fishing lines but I would block off where hubby needs to go in his truck some times. Might have to figure OUT a way to do this though!!! Where can I find a pic of the fishing lines done?
My central pole is 12 feet tall. The lines are attached to it and to my 8' tall fences. Plenty of room for a truck.

I gave my chickens a pumpkin yesterday. It took them a while to figure out what to do. Of course Sienna, my Hatchery Australorp from Cackle Hatchery figured it out first:

Back
Top Bottom