Australorps breed Thread

Oh, ok. So i had it backwards. Thanks for the clarification! Then Australorp feet will be pink?

Soles of the feet are pink as adults for Hersey Giants. Black orpingtons are supposed to have dark shanks like the australorps.

http://nationaljerseygiantclub.com/media/Document_13.pdf

All bets are off for hatchery birds since they are not kept to standard.

JG males are supposed to weigh thirteen pounds. That is much bigger than australorps.

Basing my experience off my flock they...started trying to mate pretty young (unsuccessful) at firts at around 20 weeks old I've seen some online talk about as early as 18 weeks i didn't get fertile eggs till a few weeks later...hope that helps

What are the dimensions of a Australorp hen? 10 lbs? Height? Does anyone measure beak to tail dimensions?
I am making modifications to my little coop to make comfy roosts for my Light Brahma (who is back to being a pullet - yea!!) and May as well plan ahead for Sinatra.
Thanks!

What are the dimensions of a Australorp hen? 10 lbs? Height? Does anyone measure beak to tail dimensions?
I am making modifications to my little coop to make comfy roosts for my Light Brahma (who is back to being a pullet - yea!!) and May as well plan ahead for Sinatra.
Thanks!

Hens do not weigh that much. I think you have hatchery australorps, so the hens will weigh closer to five pounds for your flock. six and a half pound is normal but at shows they do not weigh them.

Thank you everyone for your concern and support. 20 days ago I put some aussie eggs under a broody game and today I have 5-6 chicks. They are textbook aussies and i expect more hatchlings to come in the next 24 hours. I have come to the conclusion that the feed just wasn't working for my hens. I have switched to a super layer 22percent and all are putting on weight and laying and peppy. I will post pics as soon as I can.

Back
Top Bottom