Australorps breed Thread

Welcome to 2015!

MrsB
Nice!

I am about to put the seven blue australorp egg into lockdown.
fl.gif

My fingers and toes are crossed for you!

I'm looking forward to seeing what you hatch! -swoon-

MrsB

Here are some of my babies at about 8-9 weeks. We've got some Orpington to breed out, some are from my Blue Orp/Aussie mix. A few are from another fellow in TN, he could not remember exactly where he got the foundation stock and didn't know that blue Aussies are that rare. I think they are out of Taylor farms old line, but of course can't be sure. I have one older blue pullet from that same farm, her comb is horrible. Love her color, got to consider the comb, though, when thinking about breeding. Got 3 cockerels and one pullet growing out.

The little splash is an Isbar, a few Olive Eggers behind big boy. He is beautiful and very calm. The blue pullet to the far left is gorgeous too.

Last edited:
Its interesting to see some the same age as mine tnmommy. I find it hard to compare normally but seeing them at the age Im used to is a lot easier. I can see that there is definatly a difference in yours to mine, would that be the orpington coming through you mentioned? Or just the difference between the Aussie and US lines Im seeing.

This is our gal at 10 weeks.

Thing other than comb I notice is mine has more of a fat pigeon breast going on :lol: She is also working on her ballet stance :D

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom